Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a 2008 Mac, running Mac OS X 10.7.5. Want to use the

I have a 2008 Mac, running Mac OS X 10.7.5. Want to use the OWC Mercury Elite as an external backup. Have it plugged into computer, but how do I run it?
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

To confirm, When you connect it to your Mac, can you see a yellow icon with usb on your desktop ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I see an OWC Mercury Elite icon and an OWC Shareware Collection icon.

Do you want to do manual backups or automatic backups of your Mac ?
Jeni I'd recommend to use Apple's Time Machine application. Time Machine will do automatic backups of your Mac at regular intervals. Open Time Machine application from Applications and then follow the onscreen instructions to backup with Time Machine.

See here : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1427

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Great I think it is working
Glad to hear that. It may take a while to do the first time backup.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me Positively.

Best Regards,
Hi Jeni,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,