ehabtutor
ehabtutor, Software Engineer
Experience:  Bachelor of computer science, 5+ years experience in software development, software company owner
13535664

Although I onloy have a few messages on my iPhone 5/ 6.1.3

Although I onloy have a few messages on my iPhone 5/ 6.1.3 , it says my "mailbox is full. Heeeeelp!
Category: Mac
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 1 year ago.

ehabtutor :

hi

ehabtutor :

welcome to just answer.

ehabtutor :

It would be my pleasure to assist you on your question

ehabtutor :

Please confirm that the message you are getting is : "Your SMS mailbox is full. New messages cannot be received until you delete some messages."

Customer:

it doesn't say "sms" but otherwise yes.

ehabtutor :

Please Verify that you have updated to iOS 5.0.1 or later.

Customer:

how?

ehabtutor :

hold on a second

ehabtutor :

1)open the Settings App on your Device.

2) Select the General Option.

3) Choose the About Option at the top of the list.

Customer:

ok

ehabtutor :

4) Scroll down until you see the Version Entry. This is the version of iOS that you are running.

Customer:

I don't have "about option" in my settings folder.

ehabtutor :

hmmm it should be there

Customer:

Yeas I do sorry. I'm there now.

ehabtutor :

what is the version?

Customer:

6.1.3

ehabtutor :

ok do you have a backup for your phone on itunes?

Customer:

no

Customer:

not sure how to do backup...

ehabtutor :

ok unfortunatley the only way to do this is to backup your iphone into itunes and then reset to factory settings to get rid of this issue

Customer:

how to backup on iTunes?

ehabtutor :

let me send you a guide

ehabtutor :

there is also this backup tool that i used once but it is not a free one

Customer:

thank you!

ehabtutor :

they have a tool for messages backup and another one for backing up the rest of the data including contacts, etc.

Customer:

I'll go there. Thank you

ehabtutor :

This is a guide on how to backup your iphone, either using itunes or icloud: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1766?viewlocale=de_de

ehabtutor :

After you're done backing up the data: to reset the phone back to factory settings do the following:

Customer:

how to backup in original settings?

ehabtutor :

what do you mean?

ehabtutor :

To reset to factory settings:

Hit ‘Settings’

Tap ‘General’

Right at the bottom of the screen you’ll find a tab labelled ‘Reset’ – hit it

Customer:

You said: "After you're done backing up the data: to reset the phone back to factory settings do the following..." Idon't know how to backup. I'm a real dummy.

ehabtutor :

I sent you a link above that includes a guide with screenshots to backup either using icloud or itunes

ehabtutor :

Did you get it

ehabtutor :

It is a very good practice to backup your phone regularly

Customer:

OK; I got the link, but can't access while online w/ you.

ehabtutor :

ok no problem its a guide from apple with step by step instructions to backup your phone data

ehabtutor :

bookmark this page here so you can access it anytime

ehabtutor :

and you can open the link and follow the guide.

Customer:

typing on my iphone now.

ehabtutor :

Please take a minute to leave me a positive rating. If you need any further help just access the page here again and you can send me any inquiries

ehabtutor :

A bonus will be highly appreciated

Customer:

no. can you send it to my email?

ehabtutor :

send what?

ehabtutor :

exchanging emails is not allowed here on just answer.

ehabtutor :

if you copy the url of the page here and save it in any file

ehabtutor :

you will be able to access the question here at anytime

Customer:

OK I've just hit "reset" on iPhone. How long does it take? And then what do I do?

ehabtutor :

Did you backup first???

Customer:

Now says "iPhone is activated" - now what?

ehabtutor :

I insisted on the steps to backup the data first

ehabtutor :

before using the reset

ehabtutor :

why did you reset without backing up first

ehabtutor :

Did it erase the data?

ehabtutor :

check your contacts and messages

Customer:

All there.

ehabtutor :

ok phew

ehabtutor :

the problem should have been solved now

ehabtutor :

Are you there?

Customer:

Thanks JAC! Hope this works...

ehabtutor :

where you able to check it

ehabtutor :

please don't forget to leave me a positive rating as this is the only way i get compensated for my work

ehabtutor :

A bonus will be highly appreciated

ehabtutor, Software Engineer
Experience: Bachelor of computer science, 5+ years experience in software development, software company owner
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.