jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair

For some reason or other, my I phone 4s doesnt ring, it just

For some reason or other, my I phone 4s doesn't ring, it just vibrates. Volume is up and everything appears to be on. Can you help, please?
Category: Mac
Expert:  jstinehelfer replied 8 months ago.

jstinehelfer :

Hello I will be glad to help you today. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer.com

jstinehelfer :

Have you tried to do a soft reset with the phone?

jstinehelfer :

If you hold the sleep/wake button and hold the home key until it restarts and you see the apple logo you can let go. If you see the slider to power off just keep holding it until it restarts.

jstinehelfer :

dont use the slider to power it off

jstinehelfer :

look at the side of the device, where you see the silent switch and the volume up and down controls. look at the flip switch- you should not see orange/red color. if you do, flip it to not see color

jstinehelfer :

If you have a case like the otterbox you need to remove it and look

jstinehelfer :

Let me know if we need to move forward from here and troubleshoot more.

Customer:

That's fixed it! Very many thanks.

jstinehelfer :

Your very welcome. I am glad you was able to get it fixed

jstinehelfer :

was it the reboot that did it?

jstinehelfer :

did I loose you?

jstinehelfer, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
If I had fixed your problem can you take the time in giving me a good rating please. If you have any more questions I would be happy to answer them.

Thanks You
jstinehelfer, Mac Support Specialist