Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I have mac computer that has no OS, and I will like to install

Customer Question

I have mac computer that has no OS, and I will like to install the latest version on it, but I will like to know which version is latest, and how do I make it bootable CD driver, this will be my first time of running mac
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is Ashik and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What type of Mac is this ? Macbook, Macbook Pro, iMac etc
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Apple MacBook Pro

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Kari, your Macbook Pro will support the latest Mac OS X 10.8 Mountaion Lion. Unfortunately, Apple doesn't release any bootable DVDs or USB Drives for Mac OS X 10.8 Mountaion Lion. So, there is no way to install 10.8 Mountaion Lion directly. But there is an alternate way.

You can buy the Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Retail DVD ($19.99), and install it first. Once you installed 10.6 Snow Leopard disc, just update it to it's final version i.e 10.6.8 through Apple menu > Software Update option.

Then you can buy and download the latest 10.8 Mountaion Lion ($19.99) from the AppStore application in Snow Leopard (there is an application named AppStore on 10.6.8 Snow Leopard where you can buy or download applications from Apple as digital download)

You can buy Snow Leopard Retail discs from Apple,, etc

See here :

Once you get the discs, all you have to do is put it to your Mac, restart your Mac and immediately hold down C key on your Keyboard. This will boot your Mac into the installation DVD, then follow the onscreen instructions to install the Mac OS X.

If you've any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,