Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

until recently my husband who is legally blind was abl;e to

Customer Question

until recently my husband who is legally blind was abl;e to down load from jw.org the watchtower on the largest font and when a sighted scripture from the bible was on the page he was able to click on the scripture i.e john chapter 4 .27 and this too would now come up in the same font as the rest of the main text now it comes up in a dialog box which is much to small to read. I have a different tablet when I done load the same material I have no problems with any of it so it cant be a change in jw.org this problem has only been like this for about two months have you change something if so please can you change it back as this is very difficult for my husband.mavis
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello Mavis! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold both the Power button and the Home buttons together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

If that does not work, please go to Settings -> Safari, then clear cache, cookies, and check.

If that still does not work, go to Settings -> General -> Accessibility, then turn on Zoom
, then when you see the text is small, press three fingers on the screen and drag to move around it if you like. Double-tap with three fingers again to go back to regular magnification.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. You can click on the Reply to Expert tab below and reply back to me, so I can help further as needed. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this did not work

I'm sorry, what happens when you zoom?

Do you use an app for it? Or do you just go to the website www.jw.org?

Also, were you able to try all my steps?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have tried first step when talking to an ipad technician this did not work,, second step showed cookies and data and no sign of cache so unable to try. went to soom which did not work. have no need to go to apps as down load direct from www.jw.org has always work be fore and still works on my android tablet

I'm sorry, if you have not tried yet, can you restart the iPad with the first step again, then clear cookies and data, then check?

Are you using Safari on the iPad?

Are you able to put two fingers on the iPad at a page, and expand in order to zoom?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

did restart ipad.

I am using safari

unable to zoom with 2 fingers

Sorry, you did clear cookies and data right? Which browser are you using on the Android?

Are you able to zoom anything else on the iPad?

Is it opening in ePub or PDF format? Or just website format?

Can you try jw.org website in another browser app, such as Chrome or Firefox (search in App Store)?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did clear cookies and data

not sure what browser on the android this should make no difference as both were working fine before so feel problem is with ibooks

con only enlarge when connected to the websights

we have been opening in epub

as to your last question why would I need to try another website when it has worked before again feel the problem is with Ibooks

I'm sorry, so it goes to iBooks. Is your iPad updated:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4623

Do you have the latest iBooks app?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibooks/id364709193?mt=8

Maybe it's a compatibility issue with certain websites with iBooks. Can you try Stanza app or Kindle app for reading epubs?

By the way, are you able to view the pdf version fine?

Not another website, but another browser app; maybe the website jw.org has updated, and it's not full compatible, but don't try Chrome or Firefox yet as it looks like the issue is with iBooks, not Safari. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the ipad says the software is updated.

can we continue this at a later date pref by phone as I am not

a techno wizard and I am becoming increasingly frustrated thankyou

mavis

I'm sorry, yes, we can continue tomorrow. Let me know these tomorrow:

Do you have the latest iBooks app?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thankyou for trying I will not be available until Monday pm

will you please contact me so I know its you thankyou Mavis

You're welcome. Yes, you can get back to me any time via this web page; please check for email message from JustAnswer. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

am able to read pdf files though no good for my husband when scriptures come up in a dialog.

have installed kindle reader and tried to down load from jw .org websight

but my ipad keeps asking me if I want it in ibook,have tried to uninstall ibook but cant find out how

Please go to Settings -> General -> Restrictions, then turn it on, and turn off iBooks if it's there.

If that does not work:

1. Go to the Home screen.

2. Touch and hold any app icon on the Home screen until the icons start to jiggle.

3. Tap the "x" in the corner of the iBooks app.

4. Tap Delete to remove the app.

If that still does not work, go to Settings -> General -> Usage -> iBooks, then delete app.

Please let me know. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have uninstalled ibook and when I tried to down load from www.jw.org ipad says safari cant down load this file

Sorry, please do this again: press and hold both the Power button and the Home buttons together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

If that does not work, please uninstall the kindle app, then reinstall it

If needed, install Adobe Reader app:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-reader/id469337564?mt=8

If needed, try another browser, Chrome or Firefox app.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry none of this is working and I am not happy with any of this I cant understand why this should have change in the first place when all was working very well

I'm sorry, the website might have changed. I'm sorry I'm out of suggestions, but let me open the issue to other experts. Don't worry, we guarantee our service. Thank you