Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I have an older version of printshop that I use on my PC- and

I have an older version of printshop that I use on my PC- and now I have a Mac. Is there something that can convert my files so that they are compatible with the Mac
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer – My name is Kamil Anwar and I will be assisting you with your question today.

What type of files are these?

Do you have the link to printshop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am a teacher and for many years I created one page worksheets for my students using the Printshop deluxe on my Dell computer and saved them without changing their formats on an external hard drive, as I no longer have a working Dell at home I cannot access these files until I go to work tomorrow to give you more detail. And no I do not have a link to Printshop on the iMac and on the Dell in my classroom all I have is the fully functional version of the PrintShop that I loaded on that computer

What type of files are these?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Kamil after so many years I stopped paying attention - I do know that they are not JPEG and that they are whatever Printshop automatically saves as. I cannot open the drive to look as I do not have a working computer with access to the printshop at home

I believe these can be changed, by saving them in a mac compatible format.

However, if you can send me one file, i can investigate and hopefully have this resolved for you.

You may also try to open those files with PrintShop and re-save them (in a mac compatible format)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Kamil, I am not able to attach a file or even a document from a file - the message I am getting is they are not compatible for attaching. If it helps all the documents in the folders that I have created over the years end with the letters "sig"

Go to http://wikisend.com

Without opening the file, just upload it on http://wikisend.com

You should get download links, please share the link with me here.

.sig is a signature file.

How are you trying to open them (with which software/client) on Mac?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

http://wikisend.com/download/221582/Fri G message.sig

Fri G message.sig

here is one worksheet that was in one of the folders - it would not accept an entire folder

Do you just want to open them or edit them too?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Open and edit for new students

With which programme on Mac - Do you want to open & edit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is it possible to get a version of Printshop that is Mac compatible that will open this older version of Printshop because if possible I would like to continue using Printshop

Please give me a day to investigate this, after that i will get back to you and update.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That will be fine and thank you for your assistance and patience so far.

Goodnight

You're welcome Dana. I will be pleased, if we get this resolved. Will respond shortly.
Hi Dana,

The Print Shop 2 can open most projects that have been created with the Print Shop for Windows V6 through 23 with text and images intact.

Ammendments will need to be made to make them look right though, a few windows specific elements such as embedded tables, word documents and custom bored may not appear at all.

The file formats of The Print Shop for Windows differ from version to version, and different formats are often used to save different types of project (that is, one for greeting cards, another for labels, and so on).

Please could you let me know the exact name and number of the version of The Print Shop for Windows you used to create the projects and also tell me their file extensions (the letters after the period at the end of the filename — for example, .lbl, .hcr, .bro, etc.)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good evening Kamil, I have the Printshop Deluxe version 12.

All the projects have the letters .sig as the file extension.

Hi Dana,

Thank you for the information.

I will update you on this by shortly.

Thanks
Hi Dana,

.sig extension should open in The Print Shop 2 for Mac. You may need to rearrange the project elements quiet a bit after opening a project to get things looking as they should.

BUT any windows based elements (like tables etc,) will be lost.
Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: 8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.