Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I am trying to delete some items and so far I am unable to.

I am trying to delete some items and so far I am unable to. It was taking a long time so I hit the delete key and now the trash message is "stopping" but this has been going on for about 45 minutes.

Hello James! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was there any error or message when deleting? Are these files, or email messages? It looks like the macbook has frozen. Please try this: press & hold the power button for a few seconds until it turn off. Then turn it back on and check.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. You can click on the Reply to Expert tab below and reply back to me, so I can help further as needed. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The macbook is not frozen. I can do every function except get the trash to delete. When I try to turn off the computer the message is can not turn off, trash function is still deleting.

I'm sorry, I mean, part of the macbook is frozen. Can you please close all your applications/files, then try my previous suggestion, then check?

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you