Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.

I just bought a macbook air and have been trying to connect

I just bought a macbook air and have been trying to connect it ti a Dell 2400 projector. I bought the Apple VGA adaptor which plugs into the Thunderbolt slot, but the projector will not recognize the mac. I have tried system preferences/display, but the air book does not have a "select display" option. Any suggestions?
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you today.

Please go back to Displays. Press and hold Option key/button. Do you see Detect Display to click?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks! I will try that and see if I can connect to the projector. If so, I am happy to pay more!

Sure John.

If that did not work, please disconnect projector. Turn projector off. Turn it back on. Reboot your Macbook.

Connect projector to Macbook.

Go to Preferences->Displays. Hold Option key and click Detect Displays.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I replied to this yesterday and added a bonus. Why do I keep getting this message?

Thanks for your reply. Let me close this question.