Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I keep randomly receiving the message: Enter Apple ID (email

Customer Question

I keep randomly receiving the message: Enter Apple ID (email address).com and password XXXXX my Iphone 5. That email address no longer exists due to a breach of security. A new apple ID was created to replace the old one. Why do I keep receiving this message and since the email address no longer exists, I can't enter a password XXXXX get to the account to delete it.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Cindi! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. When it gives you that message, does it let you enter any email address or password?

Please press and hold both the Power button and the Home buttons together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

graphic
If that does not work, go to Settings -> iTunes & App Store, then select the Apple ID, then sign out, then sign back in.

If needed, go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendar, then select the previous email address if it's there, then delete/remove it.

If needed, remove/uninstall any app that you've used the previous apple id / email address to buy previously.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. You can click on the Reply to Expert tab below and reply back to me, so I can help further as needed. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

All the options you mentioned I try did not work. I keep getting the message:

Apple ID Password

[email protected]

Password:_______

I cannot enter a password XXXXX the email address does not exist anymore.

I'm sorry about that. When it shows up; there is no box for you to enter anything? How do you exit that message?

Can you restore the iPhone?

http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/assistant/phone/#section_5

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, there is a box to enter a password, but the email does not exist anymore. I cannot restore the phone.

What happens when you enter the password XXXXX it previously? Can you sync the iPhone to your computer, then reset the iPhone: go to Settings > General > Reset >Rest all settings.

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What will happen if I reset all settings? Does that delete anything?

No, it won't delete data; you'll just need to re-set up settings later; I will help you with any setting you need help with.

http://ipod.about.com/od/iphonetroubleshooting/ss/reset-iphone2_3.htm

(Only if you select the option to erase data..., then you would need to back up to iCloud or iTunes first:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2110)

So select only the option Reset All Settings.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. You can click on the Reply to Expert tab below and reply back to me, so I can help further as needed. Thank you very much. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am still receiving the message. All the options you mentioned have been done.

I'm really sorry, in this case, can you back up your data to iTunes or iCloud; see details:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

, then use the option Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings, then it will let you re-set up the iphone fresh.

Thank you