John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

I dont have a Mac but I do have an iTunes situation. I want

Customer Question

I dont have a Mac but I do have an iTunes situation. I want to deauthorize all of my 5 computers, but iTunes is telling me that I can only do it once a year... why? Well it doesn't matter. Is there anyway to Deauthorize the accounts before the year. Like Now??
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 3 years ago.
Hello! My name is John, I will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Indeed, the end user can only use the "deauthorize all" feature once in any 365 day period.

However, you can deauthorize each computer individually without limitation I believe.

On each computer, open iTunes;

Click the "Store" menu item

*Note: If running iTunes 11 on Windows, you may need to show the menubar

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Then, click "Deauthorize this computer...".

If you do not have access to all the computers you would like to remove, you will need to contact a special dept of iTunes Support via the Express Lane service to have them manually do it for you.

https://expresslane.apple.com/Issues.action

Choose the correct category and issue as prompted by the service above and you will eventually reach a web form where Apple promises to respond within 24 hours.

As an alternative, if you do not wish to handle it online, you can try calling this number: 1-800-676-2775. Ask if they can verify you as the owner of the account for the purposes of deauthorizing computers in iTunes and explain your situation.

If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If so please, please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my personal service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Thanks and good luck,

Jefferson,

Is there a reason you rated my answer as poor service? Did you find the information to be incorrect?

Thanks,
Howdy!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this issue, please let me know.

Also, please feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another Apple-related question. I can assist with a myriad number of issues, including speed or performance improvements, hardware or software installation and updates, new device/software recommendations and other frustrations you may experience in the future.

I can be reached directly via the following page:

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/

Thanks,