Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

In cleaning out my iPhotos I made a mistake and erased/deleted

In cleaning out my iPhotos I made a mistake and erased/deleted everything in iPhoto. The site is still there but nothing in it. I can replace them from my backup except the site doesn't respond and to get out of it I have to force quit. Tried to load some new photos from my camera into iPhoto and it won't take them. Any suggestions.

Thank you,

Page
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Version 10.6.8

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 4 GB MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks.

I want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation. It is posted as an Answer because of site rules but it is really just a diagnostic test. So please don't Rate to Finish just Reply to Expert when done.

Open Macintosh HD / Applications / Utilities and double click Disk Utility. Highlight your hard drive, usually Macintosh HD, and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Permissions on the left.

Note: If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Double clicking on Disk Utility shows the name, kind, size, created, etc. but no hard drive or Mac HD to highlight?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what you did but it doesn't sound like you opened Disk Utility. Does the window look like this?

graphic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Wow...it says that the disk needs to be repaired...to start up by using Mac OS X installation disc and then use disk utility to repair the disk? How do I start up with the mac OS X disc?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Put the Snow Leopard install disk in and restart holding down the letter C key until you see the Apple logo. Choose your language then you get to the install screen DO NOT INSTALL, you will see at the top of the screen a Utilities menu drop down. Go the Disk Utility, Highlight your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK and only if that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Mike, sorry to keep this going but I installed the snow leopard disk, held down the letter C and nothing happens. You say restart and hold down C, how do I restart? The screen show "install", optional installs and instruction?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
To restart your computer go to the Apple Logo in the upper left of your screen and select it then go to Restart in the drop down menu. As soon as you hear the startup chime hold the C key until you see the Apple Logo
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.