Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I am getting a message on my ipad stating the current when

Customer Question

I am getting a message on my ipad stating the current when i try to launch HBO GO video
"HTTP proxy is not supported by this application. Please remove it from your Wi-Fi settings to enable video playback"
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

Viet - Mac Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold both the Power button and the Home buttons together on the iPad for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

Full Size Image
Customer :

I have done that already- I am in Shanghai VPNing to a VPN service in the US logging into HBO GO using my tv service provider log in.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Sorry about that. Did you go to Settings > Wi-Fi , then click the blue arrow at the right of your wireless network name, then make sure proxy setting is off.

Customer :

Yes

Viet - Mac Tech :

; make sure all proxy settings are off

Viet - Mac Tech :

Do you mean all proxies are off from Settings > Wi-Fi , then click the blue arrow at the right of your wireless network name?

Customer :

There is only one setting in my ipad wifi- are there others?

Viet - Mac Tech :

Have you scrolled down after tapping on the blue arrow?

Customer :

yes- scrolled all the way down to HTTP Proxy settings- Options are OFF/Manual/Auto

Viet - Mac Tech :

Sorry, it could be the issue with VPN; if you do not use VPN, does it work?

Customer :

No- have to use VPN because of the location. What is wierd is I get the same message if I turn wifi off and simply run off of 3G cellular data

Viet - Mac Tech :

, but you still have to use VPN with 3G right?

Customer :

Yes

Viet - Mac Tech :

Have you tried a different VPN?

Customer :

Yes VPN is a must. No I have not tried another VPN- maybe that will do it

Viet - Mac Tech :

Sorry, can you try another vpn now?

Customer :

I can not- I have to go catch a shuttle home in 5 minutes otherwise I will be stranded. Can I rejoin you when I get home?

Viet - Mac Tech :

Yes, you can get back to me any time via this web page

Customer :

Great- thanks

Customer :

see you soon

Viet - Mac Tech :

You're welcome.

Viet - Mac Tech :

OK, see you. Thank you,