simitpatel
simitpatel, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Over 10 years of experience with Mac operating systems and hardware.
15190142

How to find out if someone installed a keylogger or malware

Customer Question

How to find out if someone installed a keylogger or malware on my iPad 1 with step by step directions and how to not only remove it but, find out what IP address it came from?
iPad, iOS 4.3.1
Category: Mac
Expert:  simitpatel replied 3 years ago.
As long as your iPad has not been jailbroken, there's not going to be any type of keylogger on the iPad. In order to determine if your iPad is jailbroken, check to see if there is an app called "Cydia" on it. If there is, then it's jailbroken. If it's not there, then it's not jailbroken.

If it is jailbroken, just let me know.

Let me know if you need any more help with this.
I see that you left me a low rating. Could you please reply and allow me to assist you before leaving the rating. If you still have any questions about the keyloggers, I can answer them for you.