Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

how can i install the kindle app on an older ipad?

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of iOS are you using on your iPad ? Goto Settings > General > About. Tell me the iOS version
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

4.3.5 (8L1)

Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.
Johnye, the problem is the latest Kindle application require iOS 5.0 or later. You have iOS 4.3.5 which will not support the latest Kindle application. Your only option is, update your iPad to latest iOS.

You have to update your iPad from iTunes application on your computer. To update, download and install latest iTunes application on your PC from here : http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

After installing iTunes, connect your iPad to your PC with the USB Cable. Open iTunes. iTunes will recognize your iPad. If iTunes prompted to Update, cancel or ignore it. Then select your iPad in the top right (left to iTunes Store button). Then under Summary tab, click Backup - make sure "To this Computer" is selected for backup. After backing up your iPad, click the Update button in there. This will update your iPad to latest iOS.

After updating your iTunes will ask you to setup your iPad as new or restore it from backup. Select "Restore it from backup". Then select your iPad's backup point from the list and hit Restore. This will restore all your data back to your iPad.

Then download Kindle application and see if that works or not.

If you have any trouble following the steps above, please let me know and I'll walk you through it.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

When I connected my ipad to my pc did not get a chance to see summary tab.

Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

Did you downloaded and installed iTunes application on your PC ? If not, download and install it. Then open it and then only you can update your iPad

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

yes I downloaded. when I connect my ipad to my pc I get a box asking if iwant to listen to music, etc. I never see summary, backup, etc.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

yes I downloaded. when I connect my ipad to my pc I get a box asking if iwant to listen to music, etc. I never see summary, backup, etc. Ineed for you to walk me through this.

Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.
Cancel all messages and open the installed iTunes application from desktop or from start menu. In iTunes, can you see a button named "iPad" in the top right ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

no , an d I must leave for an appt. when can we resume this?

Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.
Johnye, see the picture below;

Open iTunes. See pic;

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Then see this picture;

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

We can continue any time you want. When you are back, just post a reply back here and I will get back to you ASAP

Add a bookmark of this page, so you can get back to me later.
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.
Could you please tell me why did you rated me as Bad Service ? I tried to help you, I tried to walk you through the steps and even sent screenshots to you. My answers are 100% correct. Please tell me why you feel my service was Bad.

The bad rating will badly affect my job here.