Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

when i use my notes eventually i end up losing them. what am

Customer Question

when i use my notes eventually i end up losing them. what am i doing wrong? is there a special way to save them?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is Ashik and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

This usually happens if your Notes application syncs with your Email account or iCloud. Although its great to sync with the Email or iCloud, it does't work always as expected. This has happened to me also. So I disabled syncing the Notes with my email account and that fixed it for me.

On your iPad, goto Settings, tap Mail, Contacts, Calenders. Select your Email account in there, and turn off Notes. That should fix the problem.

For missing notes, open your email account on your computer and see if you can find a folder named "Notes" on it, it should be under Inbox, Sent, Drafts etc

I'd recommend to backup all of your Notes (email them to yourself) before turning of Notes in Mail, Contacts, Calenders.

And In my opinion, Notes application is not very reliable. So I use Evernote app from AppStore instead of Notes. You should try that. See here :

If you've any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

(Add a bookmark of this page, so you can get back to me any time you want)

Best Regards,
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help. I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me Positively.

Thanks and Have a great day,