Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.

Hi Erik, I have some important files on a WD external harddrive

Hi Erik,

I have some important files on a WD external harddrive Mac journaled format. I need to transfer to another WD Harddrive with FAT format so that I can read them on windows so I cannont use SuperDuper. I cannot copy and paste using the Mac it fails. Perhaps because of the ~ in file names. Making a simple task difficult! The research I have done says that I maybe able to do this using TERMINAL. But I don't know how to use this. Can you help with that? Kim
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please download and install the MacDrive software on your Windows computer, then you will be able to read that hard drive on the Windows computer, then you can transfer to another hard drive.

(Use the free trial option first.)

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you