John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

How do I install the Hoyle Card Game 2008 to my mac ( I purchased

Customer Question

How do I install the Hoyle Card Game 2008 to my mac ( I purchased it for mac and received it in the mail today)>
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is John, I will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

When ordering did you specify a version for Mac?

Alternatively, do you have Windows installed on your Mac?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I specified the Mac version. I do not have Windows on this Mac.

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, B.J. I just wanted to make sure there is no confusion.

In most cases the disc should work for both Windows and Mac.

Insert the Hoyle Card Games 2008 DVD into your DVD-ROM drive.

Drag the "Hoyle Card Games 2008" folder into your Applications folder (or wherever you’d like it to be) on your hard drive. It should even work on your Desktop.

The Hoyle Card Games 2008 folder will now copy from the DVD to your computer’s hard drive.

Afterwards, click the folder you copied to access the game inside.

Double-click on the game icon in the Hoyle Card Games 2008 folder to run the program. Once you have installed Hoyle Card Games 2008, you may eject the DVD.

Enter the Registration Code (found on the last page of the game manual in most cases) and click the Register button to proceed to the game.

If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If so please, please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my personal service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Thanks and good luck,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “Hoyle Card Games Classic” can’t be read or written.
(Error code -36)

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, BJ.

Error -36 is a read/write error. Does the disc appear clean and free of scratches and/or dirt?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it's brand new, just got it today. Trying it again.

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Ok,

if the error happens again, can you tell me what version of OS X you are currently running?

Click the Apple Logo in the menubar at the top of the screen

Select "About This Mac"

In the window that opens, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OS X 10.6.8 2 GB Memory and it is getting the same message.

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
In the Finder, click on "Go" in the menubar and choose "Utilities"

Locate the "Disk Utility" app and open it

In the left hand sidebar, choose your Mac's Hard Drive (Usually "Macintosh HD").

Next, click "Repair Disk Permissions"

Once the process has completed, restart your Mac.

Then, try copying the folder one more time.

If the error continues then it's likely they sent a defective disc to you and you should request replacement.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, how do I get back to you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well, I am starting to copy again and the file keeps stopping suddenly and asking me to reopen it.

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Can you give the exact message it's displaying?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, when it shows again.

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
I'll be here. :-)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It won't let me paste the response.

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
If you could just type it then that would be helpful. :-)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Click Reopen to open the application again. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.

Now the option to reopen is gone to start it again.

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
So have you already copied the application to your computer and are trying to run it from the hard drive now (not the DVD)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have been able to copy application to computer.

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Alright, if you managed to copy it but it still isn't working then it seems likely the issue is with the game DVD and not your computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It won't let me copy it.

And now getting message:

(Error code -36) again

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Okay, your previous message must have been cut off. It sounded like you did.

Are you able to read other discs okay? DO you have another mac to check this disc on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can read other discs fine. No other Mac .

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Okay, then they sent a defective disc to you and you should request replacement. Error -36 indicates it can not read the DVD properly when trying to copy data from it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, will I have to pay the full amount additional $33 to you?

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not an employee of JustAnswer and so can't see your account details but I only receive a portion of your deposit if you rate my answer positively. This is entirely up to you.

Register Here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't feel like I should have to pay and I don't want to give you a bad rating, because you have been patient with me.

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Since the issue is not of my making I certainly would appreciate not being given a bad rating

Register Here
however, you can simply not rate if that is what you wish to do, request a refund, or I can send this question to customer service to see if they can reduce the price to something more agreeable to you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do I request the a refund here? If not how? Please send to customer service.

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, I'll bump this up to customer service for you right now.

You should receive a survey via email asking about my assistance at some point, if you rate positively there that will NOT trigger a charge to you in any way but will show credit for my help today.

Thanks again and good luck!