Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.

Daughter gave me an I-Pad. I made a password XXXXX open it. Cant

Customer Question

Daughter gave me an I-Pad. I made a password XXXXX open it. Can't remember the password XXXXX it remains locked with "try again in 60 minutes...help this old geezer!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 11 months ago.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

Viet - Mac Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue. Is this the 4-digt passcode? Do you have iTunes program installed on your computer? Is it okay if we reset the iPad and start over?

Customer:

I belive it was 3 letters. yes, an I-tunes is installed. Yes, to resetting it.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Have you ever connected/synced this iPad to your computer previously?

Customer:

No, it is on linksis connection from the neighbor.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Got it. First, please note the Home & Power buttons on the iPad:

Full Size Image

Customer:

I see them.

Viet - Mac Tech :

• Disconnect iPad from computer

Close the iTunes program on your computer:

• Hold down the Power (top) button until the red slider appears & proceed to turn the iPad off

• While holding the bottom “Home” button down, reinsert the USB connector and the iPad will turn back on

• When the screen shows a message saying “Connect to iTunes”, let go of the “Home” button

• Launch iTunes again and it will initiate the Recovery Mode process.

Customer:

Message comes up 'disabled try again in 27 minutes.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Sorry, let's try a different way:

Customer:

Go for it!

Viet - Mac Tech :

• Connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.

• Open iTunes program on your computer.

• On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.

• After about 10 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.

• Click OK or Restore.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Is it showing the Restore / recovery mode option?

Customer:

I t shows a USB cable pointing to ITunes.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Great, is iTunes program open on your computer?

Customer:

No sir.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Please open the iTunes program on your computer now.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Click on Start -> All programs -> iTunes -> iTunes.

Customer:

Sorry, the iTunes is only on the IPad.

Viet - Mac Tech :

No worry, please download and install the iTunes program at the website below:
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Customer:

It is downloading with a not of 10 minutes to complete.

Viet - Mac Tech :

OK. After downloading, then install it.

Customer:

Approx 8 minutes to go. sorry for spelling errors; I'm a disabled vet and fingers don't work very good. Rather than hold you up, do you want me to follow a certain plan...

Viet - Mac Tech :

Don't worry about it. It's pretty simple, after you have installed the iTunes program; then it will show that the iPhone is in the recovery mode, then click on OK / Restore option, and then it starts resetting your iPad to like new.

Viet - Mac Tech :

You can always get back to me via this web page if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience: Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.