James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience:  Mac Expert

Just purchased a new MacBook, replaced the stock had with a

Just purchased a new MacBook, replaced the stock had with a larger hybrid drive, but the Mac was an open item and is giving me problems. I put the stock drive back in and am about to return it.when I put my harddrive int the new computer will I have any problems? Will I have to erase it and reinstall the os or can I just move the hard drive over and pick up where I left off?

As long as the new computer has the same (or very similar) hardware, you will be good to go.
If the hardware is considerably different, there is a chance you may need to re-install the O/S.

I hope this helps!

If you have any other questions or need more information, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond!
I'd appreciate it if you can rate my service using the faces below my answer.

Many thanks,