Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

OSX 108.4 Processor: 2.3 GHz, Inel Core i& Memory 16 GB ,

OSX 108.4
Processor: 2.3 GHz, Inel Core i&
Memory 16 GB , 1600 MHz DDR3
MacBook Pro

2 issues both involving iTunes.
(1) When playing a movie or video from iTunes it frequently stops a I get the spinning beach ball. It. It usually only last 3 to 5 seconds and the movie will resume. It happens so often that watching a movie is dang near impossible. It doesn't do it every time but more often than not.

(2) When copying movies from iTunes on my MacBook Pro to my iPad, some movies will not be copied. Over and over I try…no luck. I've checked the format of the movie and it is correct. They imply won't copy.
I want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation. I am required to post any procedure as an Answer even if it is just a diagnostic test, so please ignore the Rate to Finish box and Reply to Expert after you have tried that.

Restart the computer while holding the Command and R keys to boot to Recovery HD partition, when it boots select the Disk Utility and Continue. Then select Macintosh HD on the left and first Verify Disk on the right and if that is OK Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair Disk.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Verify found a minor problem in the structure. REPAIR took care of it. I tried a couple of videos and played OK, but then the problem is not consistent. It may be a while before I can see it happen again.

Ok let me know. You may have to re-import those videos
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did try reimporting a few of those videos. They STILL wouldn't copy to my iPad...nor all, just some. It's frustrating.

Was this after you repaired the drive?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, movies still won't copy!

Is your software up to date on the iPad? Do you get an error message?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I'm up to date. No message...error or otherwise. It just ignores the checked movie and won't copy it.

Are you sure you have enough space on the iPad? Are these purchased videos?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Oh yes, like 14g and I'm trying to copy a 1g movie

Try rebooting computer and iPad:

If it still won't import try selecting the movie and then go to File / Create New Version / Create iPad or Apple TV Version

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Rebooted both. Same result. Still won't copy.

Did you see my previous post?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I didn't see it. I'll try that when I get home. I have to leave for a dinner meeting. I'll get back to you. Thanks.

OK I have to step away for an hour or so too.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Reformatting it worked. I created an iPad version and it worked.

If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide an OK Rating - or Above. If you are not satisfied, please don't Rate to Finish and Reply to Expert and let me know what I can do to change that. Thanks.