Daniel Whelan
Daniel Whelan, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Support Professional, Full Time Mac Technical Manager for 8+ years, HND Photography

Ive has my IOMEGA about 3 years. I

I've has my IOMEGA about 3 years. I keep my writing work & other critical, sensitive data on it. Normally I only switch it on to work with it. Yesterday, I shut down my Mac computer, then switchex on the IOMEGA, I noticed a brief flash of light on the IOMEGA indicator, but it did not come on. I do need my data as soon as I can get it. I checked the Quick Start Guide & Troubleshooting section, but still get no "on" light. What do you suggest? Thank you, J.P.XXXX

Daniel Whelan :

Hi, I will try to help. Firstly is it an iomega zipdrive or something else? Also have you tried plugging it in to a different computer port?

JACUSTOMER-zx9flwxq- :

I have an IOMEGA UltraMax Hard Drive3 USB/FireWire/erSATA ... & I did try a different port on my MAC. Initially I got a momentary flash of light, then nothing ... & the symbol does not show up on my computer desktop.

JACUSTOMER-zx9flwxq- :

Sorry, I have an IOMEGA UltraMax Hard Drive USB/FireWire/eSATA

Daniel Whelan :

OK, I am presuming you are connected via USB. What mac do you have and does it have a firewire port on it? To be honest it sounds like a possible power supply problem but we need to test different ports first if possible.

JACUSTOMER-zx9flwxq- :

Yes, it does seem to be a problem in getting power to the IOMEGA. I have

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac12,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

JACUSTOMER-zx9flwxq- :

8-1-13 Hello Daniel,

JACUSTOMER-zx9flwxq- :

Suddenly, my IOMEGA just came on - about 30 minutes after plugging into an alternate USB port. Maybe it is okay .. for now ?

JACUSTOMER-zx9flwxq- :

8-1-13 I DO NOT want to be put on or charged for a monthly service. This is so far, the only time in years that I have needed advice.

Daniel Whelan :

Thats great JP, glad its working but you might want to consider moving the files to another device just for safety. With regards XXXXX XXXXX service I don't handle anything to do with the payment side but I will try and find out if you are on that, the majority of people are not on a monthly payment, just one off payments.

JACUSTOMER-zx9flwxq- :

8-1-13 Thank you, Daniel.