Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I am trying to sign into my iTunes account but dont see a

I am trying to sign into my iTunes account but don't see a "sign in" option. Can you help me?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Are you using a Mac or PC ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

pc -

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Caral, first download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : http://www.apple.com/itunes/

Open iTunes and connect your iPad. In iTunes, press Control + B on your keyboard and the iTunes Menu bar will appear in the top. Now, click on Store menu and select "Sign In". Now, you can Sign In to your iTunes using your Apple ID.

Click on the iTunes Store button in the top right to access iTunes Store and you can sign in from there too.

If you want to sync your iPad with iTunes on your computer, then select your iPad in the top right (left to iTunes Store). Then you can sync your iPad from there.

If you are trying to Sign In to your iPad, then on your iPad goto Settings and tap Store (or iTunes & App Store). Tap Sign In

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My iPad updates are stuck. I read that I needed to sign into my iTunes account to fix the problem. My daughter usually helps me, but she is out of town. Can you help me unstick the updates for my iPad?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Of course I will help you Caral. To fix the updates issue, we can soft-reset your iPad. Press and hold the Power button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds or until the Apple logo appears. Let me know if soft-reset didn't work, so we can try other troubleshooting steps.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I soft-reset my iPad until the Applel logo appeared, but the updates are still stuck. I have been notified that I have for updates to install. What's next?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
By updates stuck, did you mean the updates stuck on waiting/loading message ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The App Store icon on my iPad indicates with red circle that there are 4 updates to install. When I touch the App Store icon the "update" tab at the bottom right is depressed. I can select the other tabs (Featured, Top Charts; Genius/ and Purchased) but when I select the Updates tab, nothing happens. Usually I see various programs that need to be updated and I select install and they start updating.

Updates is selected, but the programs that need updating do not appear. Sorry! To much information.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
That helped Caral. Thanks. This is a bug with iOS. Have seen this problem before, even with my iPhone. On your iPad, goto Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This will reset some settings of your iPad. And this won't delete any of your files from your iPad.

After resetting, try to update again. If that didn't work, then connect your iPad to your PC. Open iTunes on your PC. Click on iTunes Store in top right. Then, click AppStore in the top. Now, download the apps (that was installed on your iPad) to your PC. Then sync your iPad with your PC. This will reinstall the updated versions of those apps to your iPad and fix your iPad as well.

Let me know how it goes Caral.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I Reset All. I think it worked because my wallpaper photo is gone.

However, when I go to App Store, I get the message "Cannot connect to iTunes Store"

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
That will reset some of the settings like internet, wallpaper, tones etc. But it doesn't affect any of your data, emails etc

Your iPad is disconnected from the internet I think. On your iPad, goto Settings, tap WiFi. Then connect it to your Wireless network. Try AppStore. Did that work Caral ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes! Thank you.

Does resetting cause me to loos all of the wi-fi passwords that were previously saved?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Yes Caral. That was our only option to fix this problem

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Thanks so much! You did a nice job for me.

How much will that cost?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
I think this question value is $38 which was set by JustAnswer (not by me)

If you are satisfied, pkease rate me Positively.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Thank you. Bye

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome Caral :)

Have a great day,