Jason
Jason, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

my ipad screen is frozen.cant turn it of does nothing

my ipad screen is frozen.can`t turn it of does nothing
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

First off, try the simplest solution:
- Press both the power button and the front home button at the same time and hold them down for 20 seconds until it resets.
- It will now reboot.

If that doesn't work, please, continue below.

You will have to restore the iPad to a base firmware install, which will erase everything on the iPad, but you can later restore the contents of the iPad to a backup that you have on the computer (the same computer you used in the past to sync the phone with):
- Press and hold the top power button until the iPad turns off
- Connect the iPad to the computer that you have been using the phone and iTunes with
- Hold down the HOME button on the front while pressing the Power button (continue holding the home button)
- Continue to hold the HOME button until you see the "Connected to iTunes" message
- In the Summary tab, click Restore and follow the prompts. (THIS WILL ERASE everything on the iPad and make it just as it was when you first purchased the phone).
- Once that is complete, right click the iPad listing in the left panel of the iTunes window
- Choose "Restore from Backup"
- Choose a backup date and restore.

Now your iPad will be back up and have all the restored information from your last sync.

Jason, Mac Technician
Experience: Several years of supporting Mac systems.