Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Why wont MacBook pro go to password XXXXX at start up

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.
Welcome To JustAnswer!

My name is XXXXXX, XXX X am one of the Experts who will assist you today!

Are you saying that you want the password XXX to show up when you start the computer, and before you can use it?

Or, are you saying that your macbook wont turn on all the way, and wont ask for the password ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

The MacBook turns on normally and wont go to password XXX . Normally when you turn on laptop the password XXX appears you put in password XXX then homepage comes on

Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.
Aha..

I can help you fix this.. But first I need one small piece of info.. With your macbook running and at the desktop background..

At the top left click the word apple, then click about this mac.

What version do you have? 10.6.8 10.7.4 10.8.4 ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Let me try to explain to you how this laptop works. First you turn on the pc youhear a chime and a grey sscreen appears and there's a small icon turning that shows it's warming up then a password XXX appears and you put your password XX hit enter button and pc then goes to homepage but now my password XXX will not appear so i cant get to homepage

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
MacBook pro turns on normally but password XXX doesn't appear so i can't get to homepage
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Just as Justin said, we need a little more info to assist you with this issue.
Please help us help you.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

This will help answer you.