Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

typiing problem, ill try again: i cant get itunes to let

typiing problem, i'll try again: i can't get itunes to let me copy music to my ipod shuffle. the "add to" doesn't work -- nothing is exported

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Could you please provide me with the following information:

1. Are you able to play the songs from itunes in the computer?

2. How long have you been facing this issue?

Thank You
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am able to play songs from my itunes library on the computer.

i have not attempted to move music from my computer to my ipod shuffle (which is at least 4 years old) since i installed the new itunes program. i don't know if the newer versions of itunes will work with my ipod shuffle

Thank you, Elizabeth.

You will be able to copy the music from itunes to the ipod.

Let's try some troubleshooting and see what is happening with your sync.

Let's open itunes in the computer and connect the ipod to the computer.

Now, your ipod name will be listed to the top right of the itunes. Click on the ipod name and now, to the middle of the screen, you will find tabs such as Summary/Settings, music etc.

Click on the music tab there and select "sync music". Then select either entire library or selected songs. Now click on apply/sync at the bottom.

If you are having an older ipod, then you would be able to see a button called "Autofill". Click on autofill.

Let me know whether this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i don't have any message to "sync." the only option is to go to the lower right corner of the screen and to use the autofill option. is there some way that i can import only certain songs or albums? in other words, how may i select what goes onto the ipod shuffle?

so you are having an older ipod shuffle.

There are two ways to import selected songs.

1. You can create a playlist and use the autofill option to sync only that particular playlist.

2. You can select the songs in the itunes library (to select multiple items, hold down the control key and select the songs). Then drag that selection onto the top of the ipod name listed at the top right.

Let me know if you find any difficulty. We will make a different move.