Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

error when message when i try to burn a disk "disk recording

error when message when i try to burn a disk "disk recording not found" also when I start ITunes I get a message about registry settings
Welcome To JustAnswer!

My name isXXXXX am one of the Experts who will assist you today!

How long ago did this issue start happening on your windows 7 computer and itunes?

And do you remember any type of major errors with the computer before hand, viruses, or did you install any new video / music or cd burning software??

Thank you,

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't think that I had any problems but I did down load another burner software which I have uninstalled when I coulden't burn cd using itunes

Thanks.. Lets try a simple, simple fix.. And if we dont like what this does Ray, we can undo this fix with a few easy clicks, so its a win or draw situation, and were free to try other steps as needed..

Click start, all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore..

Click, restore my computer to an earlier pont, then click next..

We want to choose a restore point that was at least one day before you installed the alternate burner software, and at least one day before your itunes issues started...

Carry out the restore. the computer will restart, then let me know if that fixed the issue or not..

If my answer helped, please click one of the smiley faces to rate the solution, and then click the green accept button to accept the answer..

If my answer did not work, please wait to rate the answer and also wait to accept and instead send me a reply so that I can continue to assist you as needed.

Thanks! D.Sandlin
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did that when I first had the problem and that did not help ihave also uninstalled and reinstalled itunes

lets try this next...

Please press the windows key on your keyboard , hold it down, and press R

Type in devmgmt.msc and press enter

If it asks to open, click yes.

Then, you should see a list of devices installed on your computer..

Double left click the cd dvd drive choice to expand it ... Then..

right click on each listing inside the cd dvd section..

And click uninstall.

Once uninstalled. restart the computer, ( it will automatically reinstall your cd drive )

Then next..

Go to the link below.

on the page that comes up. click on the green run now box.
It will start a file download ( this file is perfectly safe as its directly from microsoft)

Once you download the file, make sure to run the file..

It will run a dignostic program that will attempt to repair and fix your cd drive so it can work properly with itunes.

Once both of these steps are complete, test itunes again.. Can it see and use your CD drive now to burn music.. And if not, what is the exact error messages that your now getting, word for word.

Thanks Ray,

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

did not work I still get a long error message

"The registry settings used by itunes for importing and burning cds and dvds are missing This can happen as a result of installing other cd burning software. Please reinstall iTunes:

and when I try to burn a disk I get "disk recording not found"

That long error message about the registry settings.

I need that entire message Ray.. either copy and paste it and send it to me.

Or, take a screenshot of it, and then upload the picture to google photos, or photobucket, or flikr .. and then send me a link to the photo so that I can see the entire error message.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The registry settings used by itunes for importing and burning cds and dvds are missing This can happen as a result of installing other cd burning software. Please reinstall itunes

Were going to have to manually add the registry settings back in place, and edit them.

If you go to the page below Ray..

On the section of that page called " Resolution"

Start following the steps that begin right below this line """If you continue to see this message when opening iTunes, it may be necessary to manually install the device filter in the Windows registry:"""

Lets run through those steps from start to finish, and if you get stuck at any step, let me know.,. As its imperative that we complete these steps to fix the issue.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Denis I have to go out now I will do what you just suggested and get back to you later is that OK

Thats perfectly Fine..

I should be working for about another 10 hours.. ( though if you catch me at my lunch or dinner break, it may take me up to 20-30 minutes to respond, Since I'd be out at dinner! )

Look forward to continuing with you later today.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will not be able to get back to you today

Thats Ok Ray..

I will be working 12 hour shifts, for the next 10 days..

So as long as you keep in touch, I should be able to meet back up with you, at a time that will work for you.

And also, if the steps looked a little daunting, We do have screen sharing and remote support capabilities, where I can connect to you and to your computer, and perform the repairs myself.. Thats always an option.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that sounds like a plan because that does sound very daunting I will get back to you as soon as I can Thank you

Sounds good to me too.. And definitely the fastest and most efficient way to solve this Ray.

I will watch for your reply to schedule a session, but for now, dont feel you have to reply as its company policy that I always send the last message in the conversation.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good day Dustin I am ready to resume our session

Ok.. Lets try and get connected then, so I can log into your computer, and enact the registry changes while you observe Ray.

To get started, please click the link below.

The password XXXXX Ray

Once you enter the password, its going to ask you to allow, download and install the connection file.

Please make sure to do so..

If it takes you more then ten minutes to connect, or if you do connect.. Please send a message here so that I know its time to connect..

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think that I am connected

Thank you Ray.

I am connectig to you now.. Please stand by, and wait for my reply to arrive on a pop up window.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it looks like that I can burn a disk but I cant play some music that I downloaded just before I uninstalled and reinstalled how do I get that music back for some reason it did not get back up

Weve fixed the burning issue.

Weve imported 90 percent of your music.. Just trying to get the purchases back in place now.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For the time being, lets try to communicate in the live chat feature of the screen sharing session, instead of here.

Thanks Ray.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok I don"t see rhe live chat screen

Understood.. I pulled it up for us!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dustin thank you very much for all the time you spent solving my ITunes problems Take the rest of the day off

Your very welcome Ray, and thank you for sticking with me on this one till we were able to resolve it..

In the future if you need anything you can ask me specifically your questions at my profile link on Just Answer..

Make sure to ask the question through the box on my page, and also, Start it with For D.Sandlin Only