John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

FaceBook Message on IPad, IPhone: I click on the message icon at the t

Customer Question

FaceBook Message on IPad, IPhone: I click on the message icon at the top of the screen and view the first line of the message. When I select the message the window expands but the message is not there. Also get a banner saying "Error in connecting to Facebook please check your connection"

What connection?

Non geek
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 3 years ago.
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

To clarify, is this happening on two devices, both an iPad and your iPhone?

Also, are you accessing FB via an app or via Safari web browser?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Facebook app on both devices also on the phone when I send a photo to the message sender I then can read the full message. This does not happen on the iPad I noticed this happening after the FB app update
Thanks, Thad.

...and this happens for all FB messages?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Good point I am not sure Could be only the one from Taiwan

if it's a single conversation that's giving you trouble, you might try deleting the conversation and see how it goes after that.

Other possibilities are caching problems with the new version of FB. Try resolving this issue with your Apple device by trying a hard reset, then proceed from there if that does not resolve the problem:

Disconnect the device from it's cord, if plugged in.

Press and hold your Sleep/Wake button (on the top) and Home button (on the front) together for around 10 seconds.

When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

The next thing you should see are the Apple logo followed by the home screen a few minutes later. See if the issue has improved.

If not, try deleting and re-installing the FB app.

Tap and hold the FB icon until it begins to shake. Tap the x to delete the app.

Then, download it once more from the App Store and sign in.

If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If so please, please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my personal service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Thanks and good luck,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yup I tried the reboot before nogo I will try delivering the app thanks
Good luck!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nope still no go
I will try deleting the contact then re-add
You are very welcome. If it's just a single contact giving you the problem then hopefully that will do it.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this or other issues, please let me know.