David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

My MacBook pro mountain lion will not let me click on my account

Customer Question

My MacBook pro mountain lion will not let me click on my account name on start up
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is David, and I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions.

This is most unusual.

Does the mouse pointer move around with the trackpad?

Do you have more than one user account, and does clicking on any of those work?

Please let me know as much more as you can and I can give you some steps to try right away.

Sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The mousepad moves the cursor over my account , but won't let me click on it.

I only have the one account and the guest account.
Expert:  David replied 3 years ago.

I have a few more questions, and things to try. IF these don't work then I have more to try so please don't rate my answer if they fail, but instead get back to me for the farther steps.

First, check if you can login to Guest account. If you can please get back to me, the rest of these steps are not needed.

If it's the same, try 'tap to click' by just tapping the trackpad. If that's what you're trying press to click.

If those don't work, take the first letter of you account name, and press it on your keyboard. This should highlight the account if it works. Then press the Return key, enter your password, and press Return again to login.

If none of this is making any in roads, please get back to me. Also let me know if you have an external mouse.

Sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Didnt have to do any of that. It was looking for my mousr that was on a few feet away.
Expert:  David replied 3 years ago.

Does that mean you could log in with your Mouse?

If so turn off the mouse, or disconnect it, and try to login. This will confirm that the trackpad is working.

If you need to ask me anything please feel free, I am only too happy to help.

Sincerely,
David.
Expert:  David replied 3 years ago.

You have given me a negative rating, why is this?

You don't have to rate at all, so if you solved it yourself you can leave it blank.

Please let me know why you rated negatively, and please consider removing it, it affects my standing on the site.

It is unfair to have my site standing affected by just trying to help, and for you to notice the problem was something else at the same time.

Please consider removing the rating. All you need to do is let me know, and I can have the site change it.

Yours sincerely,
David.