Ernest Agyare
Ernest Agyare, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  5 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN MAC AND A MAC USER
74848643

Apple tells me that i have too many computers for my iTunes

Customer Question

Apple tells me that i have too many computers for my iTunes library
. i just want to transfer my itunes to this computer. how do i do that?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ernest Agyare replied 1 year ago.

ErnestAgyare :

Good Evening my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you

Customer :

thank you. what should i do to recover my library?

Customer :

how can i transfer my iTunes library to this computer?

ErnestAgyare :

No problem

ErnestAgyare :

Do you have your any of your old computers?

Customer :

no. this is the only one i use now.

ErnestAgyare :

you will have to either deauthorize one or all you ccomputers ....and then authorize the one you want ....or tranfer it via hard drive if you have the old computer

ErnestAgyare :

To deauthorize all computers associated with your account
1. Click iTunes Store in the Source pane.
2. If you're not signed in to the store, click the Account button, then enter your account name and password.
3. Click the Account button again (your ID appears on the button), enter your password, and then click View Account.
4. In the Account Information window, click Deauthorize All.

Customer :

i believe i tried that and it did not work.

ErnestAgyare :

and you dont have access to any computers that your account is associated with ?

Customer :

No. this is the only computer i use now.

ErnestAgyare :

no problem...

ErnestAgyare :

usually itunes gives you the ability to attach 5 computers to your itunes account.....there is two ways to do a transfer 1.) if you have the original computer and use an external drive to transfer the data...2.) Deauthorizing one of the 5 computers and then authorize which ever addtional computer you want to add..

ErnestAgyare :

That is from itunes....however i can give you other experts to see if they can come up with something else...that is always an option to you

Customer :

And how much will that cost me? can't you just deauthorize all other computers that are associated with my account and transfer everything to this one?

ErnestAgyare :

did you say you tried the above instructions on deauthorizing?

Customer :

yes.

ErnestAgyare :

however apple says the deauthorization of all has to be done from the first initial computer you had itunes on...

Customer :

then they are holding my entire library hostage. i do not have that computer.

ErnestAgyare :

did you ever ask them to deauthorize some of the computer

Customer :

ask who? there are no humans to ask. that's why i went to the Apple store. they referred me to you. i think my library has been overtaken by machines and there are no humans to help me. do you have a phone number that might connect me with a human at iTunes?

ErnestAgyare :

unfortunately no...apple is the manufacturer so the store should have all that information...however i am very aware of that process....it is a pain unfortunately but its suppose to protect you......this is extremely frustrating i know...maybe another expert might have a solution....the information on the apple website seems clear but we can give it a shot ...do you want to do that?

Customer :

not if it will cost me more money.

ErnestAgyare :

no it will not cost you more money if you dont rate me...i can simply opt out ..no worries..we are not here to just charge you..we are here to resolve your issue...however i think you have a hin the answer to you question you said it earlier..BUT IT WILL DEFINITELY NOT COST YOU MORE MONEY...please dont worry about that

Customer :

i think i will try Apple one more time. thanks anyway. i just feel like i have lost hundredes of songs and dollars.

ErnestAgyare :

no problem....i understand your frustration so if you dont want to rate me ...i totally understand....good luck..please be persistent with apple because they created it...they should be the last stop for support for it...i will be here if you need additional help or information

Experience: 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN MAC AND A MAC USER