James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience:  Mac Expert
24111805

cannot "connect" Gen 2 ipad to internet...continual response

Customer Question

cannot "connect" Gen 2 ipad to internet...continual response is "incorrect password" when factually the password XXXXX XXXXX!!!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Did you try to reset the ipad's network settings, or reset the network router yet?

Thanks,

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not sure how to do either of these things, can you walk me through?

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Certainly, let's do both as our first troubleshooting step.

Please disconnect the router from the wall power for one minute, then reconnect, and wait a couple of minutes for it to come back online.

On the iPad, go to the Settings app (looks like a gear).
Go to General.
Touch Reset.
Touch Reset Network Settings.

Let the iPad do the reset and reboot.

Now try to connect again - any better?

Thanks!

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

did connect and reconnect

no setting icon...seems to be stuck on sign in page-is there a way to bring it back to square 1?

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Push the Home button (the one with the square on the bottom).

If that doesn't work, hold the Home and Power button together for a full minute.

What happens?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

holding for 1 minute returned I pad to opening page which simply reads

"I pad" No "home" icon was available

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

cannot get to that page-log in to ipad is requiring a password to enter the system. is there a way to get past that?

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Please tell me exactly what you see on the screen, including the message. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

upon turning on the ipad there is a title screen which says "Ipad" and has a slide bar at the bottom

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Okay, good.
Slide the bar from left to right.

What happens?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

done-goes to "start setup" w/no other choices

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
That's fine, it happens the first time. Go ahead and continue with setup. Let me know if you get stuck, and if so, what you see.

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

gets stuck at "choose a network" selected users internet account-requests password-correct password entered-will not accept- any way around this?

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

There should be a SKIP button to skip this step.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

forces a choice of network followed by request for password-only available choices are cancel, enter password or back

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
What happens if you hit Cancel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

goes back to "choose a network"

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
If you push the Home button, it doesn't exit to the home screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no. have found correct password-hallelujah-but now is saying "no network connection"

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Okay.

Turn it off, and then back on (hold Power untill you see the request to turn off).

Go through setup again, and use the correct password.

Does it connect?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

went through all steps...stops at "choose a network"

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

I'd like to start a remote support session with you. This mean I'll be able to look at your screen together with you, and help you personally.

Would that be ok with you?

Appreciated!

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that will be WONDERFUL!!!!!
JUST TELL ME WHAT TO DO...

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

Please click here to start.

Important - if we are NOT connected within 5 minutes, something is NOT working right.
Please come back to justanswer.com and let me know - we will try something else!

Thanks,

J.