Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
19897260

Ive been using a Mac OS X 10.7.5 and Sea Monkey Composer 2.19

I've been using a Mac OS X 10.7.5 and Sea Monkey Composer 2.19 to update my webpage. It's worked OK. But now when I try to embed a new YouTube video, an error message says "File Not Found". I've updated my Mac permissions, to no avail. Any suggestions as to why it no longer works?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ernest Agyare replied 1 year ago.

ErnestAgyare :

hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be assisting you today

ErnestAgyare :

are you using this method to embed ?

ErnestAgyare :

1. Find a video to share

Search YouTube or other appropriate video archive. A search of YouTube using the phrase "lesson plans" fractions led to a page which showed not only the video but provided a link to and the number of any other video by the author(s). In this case, the link led to hundreds of videos providing individualized instruction covering Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, Geometry & Algebra 2 in a style as useful to students learning content as well as for teachers exploring different ways to teach the concept.

2. Copy the embed code

Once a particular video is found, play and review it. On the right side of the video is a rectangle containing some navigational elements. It looks like this screen capture on the right. The goal is to paste the embed code in your blog posting or web page. The heading shown circled in green identifies the area of the needed embed code. Copy the code in the area highlighted by the green rectangle, including any text not visible. Almost any form of click/drag in the code area will generally grab and highlight all of the text.

3. Insert the embed code

Some Web hosts like Google Sites provide specific tools for inserting video on a Web page. Other sites expect Web page composers to know how to open a web page editor like SeaMonkey Composer or a edit blog posting page.

If the editing is to done from a hard drive application, this requires the composer to position the insert cursor in the text editing area where the video should appear. Find the correct button or command and show the HTML code view. Blog posting and web page editors all have a way to show the HTML view of what is being composed. Paste in the YouTube embed code. In SeaMonkey Composer the HTML view tab is at the bottom of the window. Once pasted, the needed HTML code will look something like this:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hHgpKRiZXLY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hHgpKRiZXLY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Flip away from HTML view and finish any other needed composing.

4. Publish

A blog site editor will provide a button to Publish or Submit or Upload the blog posting. A web page editor will provide a way to save the file. Use the File Transfer Process (FTP) to move the file to the appropriate web account space.

ErnestAgyare :

let me know if you it works

ErnestAgyare :

i will be on standby

Customer:

Thanks Ernest. I edit my home page myself. When I want to embed a new video (I'd uploaded to YouTube) in my home page I use Composer and embed it by switching to HTML. But today when I switched back to 'Normal' in Composer, the error message appeared. I live in Australia in Canberra where it's 9.00 am and I have to go out (I do volunteer work on Tuesdays) so I will not be home for some hours. My home page is at: www.radiograham.info

Customer:

Gotta rush. It's gone 9 am. I will get back to you in maybe 7 hours as I have to buy a part for a broken toilet on the way home.

ErnestAgyare :

no problem try my recommendation when you return and respond i will be on standby

Customer:

Thanks.

ErnestAgyare :

no problem

Customer:

The key problem remains unresolved. I do. all the steps needed to embed a

Customer:

Sorry - I hit the wrong button and my reply jumped the gun. I'll try again: The key problem remains unresolved. I do all the steps needed to embed a string of HTML code like this for my Big Day Out video: <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TRIXWfgQlJs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> But when I switch back to 'Normal' editing mode, an Error Message says: "File Not Found. Please check the location and try again." The file is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRIXWfgQlJs So what's gone wrong?

ErnestAgyare :

at this point i will like to opt out for another expert to take a shot at this .....i have an honest opinion but i am scared that will warrant a poor service ...please let me know when you return so i can opt out

Customer:

I have no problem with you seeking a second opinion. I'm no the only pebble on the

Customer:

There I go again. I hit the wrong key and... Let's try again. I have no problem with you seeking a second opinion. I'm not the only pebble on the Internet beach. If that Error Message is happening to me,

Customer:

I've worked out why I get cut off in mid-rave. I don't like long strings of text and hit the return button to start a new line, but the return button is also your Enter or Reply button. To continue my rave: If that Error Message in happening to me, it's probably happening to other people, who may have sought relief from Just Answer. There's no need to rush. Making videos is a retirement hobby - not a source of vital income.

ErnestAgyare :

the next expert will be assisting you

Customer:

Thanks Ernest

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome To JustAnswer!

My name isXXXXX am one of the Experts who will assist you today!

So I can assist you, i need to know the full string of whatever file hasnt been found. Such as

"The file jar:file:///C:/DANGEROUS URL REMOVED!/chrome/comm/content/navigator/viewSource.xul cannot be found. Please check the location and try again."

Most likely, im thinking its not an issue with the file, but rather one of the plugins your using with seamonkey to upload the file.. Using the entire error string your getting, we should be able to repair whichever plugin it is thats giving you issues, eliminatiing the error your having.. And then, resume normal operations.

I will be waiting for your reply so that we can identify the broken plugin, and repair it.

Dustin S.
Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience: 4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Panic is over. After much research (prompted by your and ernest's probing questions) I discovered the Error was me. Instead of uploading the Index.html file (for my home page) into my main directory (on my Big Pond server) I uploaded it into a sub-directory for the Canberra Firestorm of 2003. Doing that left the Index.html (for my home page) unchanged no matter how many times I amended the Firestorm directory. Remember when computers were supposed to make life easier. They lied. To view the finished product, go to: www.radiograham.info