Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment

I downloaded an app "Relativity Machine" by Chaosmos and it

Customer Question

I downloaded an app "Relativity Machine" by Chaosmos and it has taken over all the calendar functions on my iPad 2 and even creates the date 2556 BE when I try to enter a credit card expiration date. I can't override it.
I don't know how to flush it out. Can you help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.
Welcome To JustAnswer!

My name is XXXXXX, XXX X am one of the Experts who will assist you today!

Whens the last time that you connected your ipad to a computer with itunes..

Or, do you use icloud to make regular backups of your ipad, apps, and data?

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I've used iCloud for backups... I'm in the process of updating my iCloud control right now.

Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.
My apologies for the delay in getting back to you George, I didnt see your reply before I went off shift yesterday..

You mentioned you were in the process of updating your icloud control.

What im recommending is we restore your Ipad2 from a icloud or itunes backup.. ( preferably one that was made before you installed the relativity app. )

This page

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414

Covers how to restore from both itunes, and also icloud.. One of those methods should work, remove the app, and then allow you to have your ipad back in the state it was before you installed the app.. Of course, we defintely want to pick a backup to restore from, that was before the app was installed.

If you get stuck, or have any questions please let me know.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

The seems like a SOL answer, not a fix to the problem.

Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.
Its not SOL answer George.

The restore, isnt going to wipe out your device.. ( well it will at first )

When we reload your backup, everything is going to be back in place.

Its a very effective answer, one that has no drawbacks, and will certainly fix the issue if done correctly..

Dustin S
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

OK... I may not understand exactly what's taking place...

If I have a backup dated February...

I wipe out my current data... and load the data from February...

I see how that gets rid of the problem... but...

what about the work that I've done from February to now?

Thanks for you patience...

Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.
Ahhh.. i didnt realize that your last backup, would be so long ago.

Can you clarify George, that february backup , was that in icloud, or in itunes?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Sorry... it's not that I don't have a recent backup. iCloud is set to backup automatically... and the most recent is this morning.

So... we can restore to curent date...

but you said...

to pick a backup to restore from that was before the app was installed...

How do I then restore the work since that point? .

Thanks...

Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.
Hmmm..

Maybe im looking at this the wrong way.. Maybe, we just need to delete the additional calendar that was added to the ipad..

Try the link below.

http://www.imore.com/how-create-and-manage-calendars-your-iphone-and-ipad#delete-calendars

Will that allow you to delete the new calendar from the ipad?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

It's worth a try... I've downloaded the problem add once again... in hopes that it will synch up with 'the problem' and show up in the calendar app... but no luck so far.

I have a meeting this evening... so won't be back at it until tomorrow... thanks... George

Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.
Understood George.. See you tommorow.

Dustin S.