Ernest Agyare
Ernest Agyare, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  5 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN MAC AND A MAC USER
74848643

Two questions: 1- How do you export an IPhoto 09 slideshow

Customer Question

Two questions:
1- How do you export an IPhoto '09 slideshow to IMovie '09?
2- Is there a way to adjust the length of individual pictures in an slide show once it is in IMovie?
Thanks,
Judy
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ernest Agyare replied 1 year ago.

ErnestAgyare :

hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be assisting

Customer:

Yes?

ErnestAgyare :

the answer to you first question Judy is you will have to save drag the slideshow on the desktop

ErnestAgyare :

then start imovie and import it

Customer:

And then what? Drag it to a new project.

ErnestAgyare :

the answer to your second question is no...you have to adjust the length of the slide show BEFORE you insert it

ErnestAgyare :

onces its in imovie you cannot edit

ErnestAgyare :

yes you can drag and drop

Customer:

All right I thought I had tried this but will try again.

ErnestAgyare :

i will be on stand by please let me know

Customer:

It am highlighting it and it but when I drag it to the desktop, it does not stay.

ErnestAgyare :

no drag it from the hard drive not the program

ErnestAgyare :

so located the file where it is saved on you hard drive

Customer:

do I need to export it first?

ErnestAgyare :

yes

ErnestAgyare :

to wherever you want

ErnestAgyare :

then go to imovie and import

Customer:

All right I think I now have it.

ErnestAgyare :

please let me know if it works

ErnestAgyare :

Goto to File → Export
choose Slideshow tag and then Export.
Iphoto add the last theme that you used when you play slideshow, if you want another theme, just play it again with another theme.

Customer:

I am exporting at the moment.

ErnestAgyare :

ok i will be on standby and go through the whole process with you..we will get it done

Customer:

great!

ErnestAgyare :

after exporting go to imovie and import

Customer:

When I import, I have a choice of Movies, camera archive or imovie hd project?

Customer:

I am still exporting though.

ErnestAgyare :

no problem

Customer:

Oh got it thanks.

Experience: 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN MAC AND A MAC USER
no problem that is what i am here for...i am glad you are happy...i also want to thank you in advance for remembering to rate as that is how i get credit for my assistance ....ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR DAY JUDY
Hello I am following up to make sure you issue has been resolved. Please remember my purpose here it to assist you until you have a satisfactory solution I thank you for remembering to rate me as that is how i get credit for assisting you. Thanks