Ernest Agyare
Ernest Agyare, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  5 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN MAC AND A MAC USER

sync entire library does not appear as an option on my ipod

Customer Question

sync entire library does not appear as an option on my ipod touch
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ernest Agyare replied 1 year ago.

ErnestAgyare :

hello my name is ernest and i will be assisting

Customer :

hi

ErnestAgyare :

when you open itunes please go to file do you see sync ipod as an option

Customer :

yes

Customer :

actually - i do not see sync under the file menu

Customer :

i have to got to the ipod icon itself

Customer :

or i can go to the devices directory and choose s

Customer :

"sync my ipod touch"

Customer :

but it does not syn my entire song library

ErnestAgyare :

are all you songs on your internal hard drive ...did you have an external hard drive hooked up

Customer :

no external hard drive

Customer :

when i go to the music tab on the ipod touch menu on the computer, the option to "sync entire library" does not appear. not even grayed out...

Customer :

it is late where I am and i am going to bed. let me know if you think of anything and i'll check in the morning

ErnestAgyare :

did you do an update

Customer :

yes

ErnestAgyare :

please highlight all your songs pressing command +a

ErnestAgyare :

to highlight all the songs and then right click and sync

ErnestAgyare :

also have you dont an update on you ipod touch

ErnestAgyare :

*done

ErnestAgyare :

In order for iTunes to sync music to iPod touch it needs to be set up properly. To do this, Plug in iPod to the computer, go to tab under "devices" in iTunes and scroll to options and make sure they are set. Click on the "music" tab at the top of the sync screen and verify "sync music". After you ensure music library is what you want it to be, hit "sync: in the lower right hand corner.

ErnestAgyare :

In order for iTunes to sync music to iPod touch 4G it needs to be set up properly. To do this, Plug in iPod to the computer, go to tab under "devices" in iTunes and scroll to options and make sure they are set. Click on the "music" tab at the top of the sync screen and verify "sync music". After you ensure music library is what you want it to be, hit "sync: in the lower right hand corner.

ErnestAgyare :

next after that

Customer :

yeah - I know all that. my problem is the option to sync entire library does not even appear on the screen under the music tab

ErnestAgyare :

you will not ...you will see just synce but it will sync you entire library

ErnestAgyare :

so you are saying when you hook you ipod up to the itunes...and you click on the device on the left and you see "summary - photos" tab..when you click on music you dont see where it says entire music library?

ErnestAgyare :

i have itunes 10.6 and i see that