Michelle
Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 10 years of exp.
70409726

My wife updated my iPad last night. It is tied to her iTunes

Customer Question

My wife updated my iPad last night. It is tied to her iTunes account and it won't let me update anything. It shows my old email address and I cannot get into IBooks or Kindle. Do I need to go to a store to get this fixed?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

You will need to first sign out of your wife's itunes account on your iPad and then enter in your own itunes account info. To do this, click on settings. Choose iTunes & App Stores. At the top you will see your wife's email address. Tap it and then choose Sign Out

Appleologist :

Then tap on sign in and enter in your itunes information

Appleologist :

Please let me know if you need additional clarification

Customer: I can do that but could you call me so we can do this over the phone? My number is XXXXX
Appleologist :

Although we can only chat via chat and do not have the ability to initiate a walkthrough via phone, I can walk you through step by step to make this process as easy as possible for you. Have you located the iTunes and App store page within settings?

Customer: I have looked at settings and do
Appleologist :

When you taped on iTunes & App Stores, have you successfully signed out of your wife's account?

Appleologist :

Have you entered your itunes account info yet?

Customer: When I go to the store in settings, it shows my correct I'd "XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX" but when I try to download anything I get here address or my old address. What do I need to do?
Appleologist :

Oh Ok, I understand your issue. Basically there are apps that were downloaded using your wifes itunes account. The easiest way to resolve that issue is to delete only the apps that are tied to your wife's email address and then re-download it using your itunes account.

Appleologist :

If you would like to start off fresh, you can always restore your entire ipad and re-sync all of your apps

Appleologist :

So whichever apps that need to be updated, just delete them and re-download them. To delete the app, just press and hold the app until you see the red X

Appleologist :

Were you able to delete the app or apps that need to be updated?

Customer: Not getting anything from you . What am I doing wrong.
Appleologist :

Did you not receive my last response?

Appleologist :

You will need to delete the app and re-download it

Customer: I can delete them but then I cannot download anything. As I said,when I try to update or down load it comes up with my wife's meal address or my old email address and I do not have her password XXXXX I cannot find my old password XXXXX my old email address. I need to get that straightened out and don,t know how to get that done.
Appleologist :

Ok, lets just restore your ipad and then start over. So you know if your ipad is backed up using iCould?

Appleologist :

iCloud?

Appleologist :

If not, you can go ahead and backup your iPad to icloud since we will need to restore your iPad. Click on settings and then choose iCloud

Customer: Yes, I did that last night.
Appleologist :

Ok so lets go ahead and restore it. Click on settings and choose general. At the bottom, choose reset then choose Erase all content and settings

Appleologist :

When you get to the iCloud section during setup, make sure you sign into icloud so it can restore everythinh

Appleologist :

everything

Customer:

It is restoring now but will take 48 minutes. going to take dogs for their walk. will see when Iget back.

Appleologist :

Sounds like a plan. Talk to you soon

Appleologist :

How is the restore going so far?

Customer:

lost the network connection, starting over. guess I need to stay here and watch it.

Appleologist :

Yes, keep the ipad in one place. Did it loose connection while restoring from iCloud backup?

Customer:

yes. looks like it is going again.

Appleologist :

Ok, keep me posted

Customer:

will do.

Customer:

so farso good. down to 30 minutes.

Appleologist :

OK

Customer:

ok, all done. it now shows the apple id box. is this where I put in my id.

Appleologist :

Yes. Make sure you choose icloud as a source to restore from

Appleologist :

It will ask you if you would like to restore from an icloud backup

Customer:

it says my apple id iswrong .this is the problem I keep having.

Appleologist :

Click on this link. Then choose manage apple ID http://appleid.apple.com/

Appleologist :

Type in your apple ID and password

Appleologist :

If you have forgotten your password. You can also reset it

Customer:

ok i did that. came upand said some items didnot download but could do it by synching with itunes.

Appleologist :

Ok good. You can also view your purchased items in the app store, ibook store and itunes store to re-download them too \

Customer:

do I need to connect to our computer?

Appleologist :

You can do it without connecting to the computer. Do you know what is missing from your iPad? If a lot of apps to need to be transferred over, it may be easier to connect it and sync. If only a few apps were not transferred over, you can download them from your ipad

Customer:

i now am in Itunes support on my Ipad. What do I do from here?

Appleologist :

First tell me if you need to download apps or books?

Appleologist :

You will need to be in the app store or ibook store

Appleologist :

Not itunes support

Customer:

ok. my books app which contains my Ibooks and Kindle, mygames bundle and some of my games all show waiting.

Appleologist :

Lets start with ibooks first. Open ibooks

Appleologist :

If your self is empty, click on Store in the upper left corner

Appleologist :

Then at the bottom menu bar, you will see Purchased

Customer:

when I goto the apps store, it shows some stuff installing.i dont even have I books.

Appleologist :

It sounds like icloud is still restoring everything

Appleologist :

If iBooks is not there yet, download it from the app store

Appleologist :

Type in ibooks in the search box

Customer:

it says no results. what is up with that?

Appleologist :

Are you sure you are looking in the app store and not the itunes store?

Appleologist :

If you are in the App store (blue icon) Click on featured at the bottom and then try to search again

Customer:

ok now I found it, what do I want from the list.

Appleologist :

Click on the install button next to ibooks to instal it back onto your ipa

Appleologist :

ipad

Customer:

ok it is installing.

Appleologist :

Is the kindle app on your ipad?

Customer:

yes but it seems to be loading.

Customer:

it is like there is severalthings going on at once.

Appleologist :

Yes, icloud is downloading everything all at once. Let me know when everything is all done loading so we can verify after. You will know it is done when you no longer see the loading bar underneath the apps

Customer:

ok. will do.

Appleologist :

great

Customer:

I now have Ibooks which has all my books but my books cluster which used to have Nook, Ibooks, kindle and Stanza is now gone. It just went away. Do I have to download Kindle and Stanza again? Do I even need Stanza?

Appleologist :

The Amazon store and ibooks store are separate. To gain access to your kindle books, simply download the Kindle app from the app store and sign in using your amazon account

Customer:

ok. It is still loading Angry birds. Wh

Appleologist :

Ha ha I love that game. Stanza is a preference. I personally use just ibooks and kindle. If a book is not available in one store, I look for it in the other store

Customer:

Ok. Should not be long now. Angry birds is loaded, one more game to go.

Appleologist :

Sounds good

Customer:

ok, it looks like everything is downloaded. I downloaded Kindle and all my books came with it. I did notice that my old apple id (bigred84) came up when I clicked the update for angry birds. When I hit cancel. it went away and then nothing else came up. what is next?

Appleologist :

You should be pretty much all set. If you wish to download angry birds again, download it from the app store

Appleologist :

Or you can just type in the password XXXXX your old apple ID and it will only update that app

Customer:

no it is there. I just dont want to be trying to download or update something and my old Id comes up.

Appleologist :

Understood. Was there anything els I can assist you with before we end our chat?

Customer:

no, Ishould be able to go from here. I need to downloadNetflixso that should doit. IfI run into a problem. do I need to pay again to get help?

Appleologist :

Nope. You can always respond to the same chat thread after rating is complete

Appleologist :

at no additional charge

Customer:

thanks for all your help, have a nice day.

Appleologist :

Thank you. You too

I hope I’ve provided the resolution you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please feel free to provide a rating to end our chat. Have a fantastic rest of your day

Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple Computers and Mobile support with 10 years of exp.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First, thanks for your help. Now I everything seems to be working except in Kindle some of my books will not download. They show in the cloud bot when I click on them, I get a "download error". Some download some dont. What do I do. I have checked on Amazon and some of them don't show there.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ron, you can try a few things. First try to delete the kindle app and then re-download it. Sign back in and see if you are able to sync. If not, reset your ipad by pressing and holding both the sleep and home button for 30 secs or until you see the apple logo. The home button is the round button on the front bottom bezel and the sleep button is located in the upper right corner
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, tried all that. Same problem. Tried to open a book. Got a message that said" sign out, (settings/resist ration/deregister) , then sign back in. I do not see anything under settings like that. Help!
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Your issues does not sound related to your iPad itself. Try to de-authorize your kindle account and then reauthorize it. To do this, Log on to Amazon.com and sign into your account using your email and password. Click on the "You Account tab" in the upper right corner and choose "Manage your Kindle" In the left column, under "Your Kindle Account", choose Manage your devices. Under device name, de-register all devices listed. This will automatically log you out of your kindle app. Then on your ipad, enter your username and password again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, that worked. Had to download every book but all done and working. Thanks very much.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
I'm glad to hear it worked out. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you need further assistance. Have a great evening