Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

frozen screen

frozen screen

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue?

What ipod is it? ipod nano/touch/classic?

Also, is it an ipod with a touch screen OR with a click wheel?

Thank You
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't kow which one I have, probably the classic. It's serial number is8P636EY8V9M

I scroll over the circular controls to select menu option, adjust volume. Is that considered a touch screen?

Thank you.

It is a click wheel ipod (a touch screen is where you can actually control the ipod by tapping on the screen).

Let's try a reset first. Press and hold the menu and the center buttons together for 10-15 sec. The ipod should go off and come back on with an apple logo.

Let me know whether this resolves your issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, I got it to reset a you instructed. I have now plugged it into my computer using the usb cord. It is blinking the red circle with a line through it and says "Do Not disconnect" What is happening?

Then it could be syncing. Do you get any message in itunes at the top (saying "syncing ipod")?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't see any such message. I presume that would be on my computer screen somewhere.

yes, in itunes in the computer.

No problem, just wait 2-3 minutes. If it still shows do not disconnect, just unplug it anyway. when you disconnect the ipod, is it working normally?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, yes the "OK to disconnect sign came. I will now try playing it. I think you solved my problem by telling me how to reset it. I was so simple I wish I'd known to try that first! Thanks for your help!

Great to know that....:)

the frozen issues are common (a rare glitch) and the reset mostly works...

If we are done, I would appreciate if you can rate my service.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I think I am done!

Thank you!

Have a great day!