Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

How do I burn a disc from iphotos

Customer Question

How do I burn a disc from iphotos
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

I think I can help with this.

Please tell me what version of OS X you have on the iMac.
graphic

What type of disk are you using? DVD/CD and what brand.
Any other detail can be helpful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Version 10.6.8

Pros-3.2 GHz Intel Core 13

Maxwell CD-R

80 Min

700MB

compact disc recordable

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I put disc in sounds like its burning but nothing

Then I tried again looks like it burned into disc but when I try to play it nothing shows up

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Have you burned successfully before on the iMac?

The disc has a different look than when first inserted?

When you say 'it sounds like it is working' what happens when you insert the blank disc? Do you get a dialog box asking what you want to do?
graphic
Or does it do what it wants?

Two things I recommend doing when an issue like this comes up is to repair permissions and do a pram reset.
It clears the system of most faults.

Repairing Permissions

To do a PRAM reset, you need to restart your machine and hold down these 4 keys all together at the same time.

‘Option’, ‘Command (Cloverleaf or Apple)’, ‘R’ and 'P' all together at the same time.

Keep them down until you hear 4 startup chimes, this is the sound that your computer makes when it starts up, it is like a boonngg. The screen should also cycle from white to black and then back to white along with the chimes.

The sound should also get louder.

graphic

If you have a wireless keyboard then the procedure is a little bit different.

Use the very same keys but wait until the first chime and immediately press and hold those keys. I recommend getting your fingers ready because timing is critical.

It can take more than one try to get it, any USB keyboard is preferable.

Substitute the Control key for the Command key and Atl for Option, all others stay the same.

This resets all of the system buses on your computer, USB, FireWire, display, ethernet and your keyboard/mouse/trackpad.

This will correct many faults but not necessarily yours.

This may not fix it but it will do good things for your iMac.

The data that you are trying to burn will fit on the disc? I mean it is smaller than 700MB?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, Thank you. I will try it.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Lesli,
Then before trying a new disc see if it will read the one you though burned.
Do you have any trouble reading any other disc?
Please keep me posted.