Ernest Agyare
Ernest Agyare, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  5 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN MAC AND A MAC USER
74848643

When i want to upload photo from library to a particular photo

When i want to upload photo from library to a particular photo stream album all my shared photo streams don't show up on list only mine.

ErnestAgyare :

my name is XXXXX XXXXX i can help

ErnestAgyare :

only yours will show up because you pictures are on you hd

ErnestAgyare :

your shared photo may have its actual root file on another system that is not yours

Customer:

i am on iphone 5

ErnestAgyare :

exactly

Customer:

click on photo to share, if I go to

Customer:

what does exactly mean ? I can go to photo stream aI can see all the individual streams but they don't show up when I want to add one

ErnestAgyare :

for example...i have a shared photo album on my phone for my brother and i. Majority of the photos are his, so if i try to upload any pictures that are his it wont work because the pictures are on his phone and need to be on mine physically to upload

Customer:

edit, check photo, share, photo stream (only 2 show.

ErnestAgyare :

that is the issue you are experiencing if i am correct

ErnestAgyare :

those must be the only two that is actually on your phone

Customer:

hmmm. I can see all the photo's my daughter has shared in her photo stream album she sent to me, so the only way I can add to her photo stream album is to send her a jpeg and she has to upload.

ErnestAgyare :

right because she SHARED them...she can do that because the pictures are on HER phone

Customer:

ok got it.

ErnestAgyare :

i dont think you are understanding lol

ErnestAgyare :

oh ok

ErnestAgyare :

you can only share pictures you actually took or the files has been downloaded....

ErnestAgyare :

this is so you can share someones album you dont have a right to...if it makes sense

Customer:

thats exactly what I am trying to do share pictures I actually took on my iPhone, but put in the photo stream she shared with me..

ErnestAgyare :

you should be able to do that then

ErnestAgyare :

go to the photo stream

Customer:

think I got it..

ErnestAgyare :

click upload and locate the album

ErnestAgyare :

ok ...is it working now?

Customer:

hmmm trying now : in photo stream where does it say upload?

ErnestAgyare :

which photo stream program are you using

Customer:

i went to photo stream , clicked edit... upload??? save to camera roll ?

ErnestAgyare :

upload

Customer:

the photo's I want to upload to her shared album are in the camera roll

Customer:

the photo's I want to upload to her photo stream album she shared with me are in camera roll

ErnestAgyare :

ok select the camera roll...lol i dont know because i dont have your phone to see when it is store...sorry if i sound unsure....but i share photos everyday

Customer:

in camera roll , clicked on photo to share. then when I want to add to the photo stream my daughter sent to me her particular photo stream album isn't on the list. That should be clear to you , you don't hae to see my phone. I also share photo's everyday the point is I want to add to this particular photo stream album so many people can see . I think I am saying it very clearly

Customer:

when I go to JUST photo stream , I have many ... but when I want to add only have 2

ErnestAgyare :

i understand what you are saying now....

ErnestAgyare :

i have your answer

Customer:

hmmm thought I was clear the first time haven't said anything different.

ErnestAgyare :

its because its in camera roll...

ErnestAgyare :

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3975936?start=0&tstart=0

ErnestAgyare :

please read for yourself

ErnestAgyare :

i was totally confused at first as to what you were asking my apologies but it is very clear to me now...and after discussing it with my counterpart here with me and doing research online that seems to be the issue

ErnestAgyare :

however if you are unsatisfied with that answer, PLEASE DONT RATE ME ...and i will opt out for another expert to chime in.....but from talking to apple and going to their site ...it seems its because majority of them are in camera roll...im assuming the two your see are not in camera roll correct?

ErnestAgyare :

im on standby till you verify this information for yourself thats why i sent you the link

Customer:

I can't explain it any more...take the photo from camera roll, edit , share to photo stream ALL my photo streams don't show on list. ALL my photo stream albums, shared to me and mine are on the list when I go just to photo stream.

Customer:

maybe I should just go to the genius bar

Customer:

are you there or are we quitting.

ErnestAgyare :

i am here

ErnestAgyare :

i sent you the link to apple explain why...

Experience: 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN MAC AND A MAC USER

I'm Rachel, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Best,

Rachel