Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My computer tech accidentally deleted my Iphoto program on

My computer tech accidentally deleted my Iphoto program on my Mac but I still have the photos. I have a Mac Os X 10.4.11. I see the same question from 3 years ago. Do you still have the program you uploaded then?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of iPhoto were you using ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't know.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Do you have iMovie or iDVD ? If so, you can get the version number from them. iMovie, iPhoto and iDVD should have same version number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't find those either, so when the tech reloaded the operating system, he must have deleted those too.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the Mac OS X installation discs came with your Mac ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Mike, I don't have the iPhoto for Mac OS X 10.4.11

I only have iPhoto 09 which will not work on your Mac. It requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later

You have to buy the iLife 08 installation disc and install it on your Mac to get iPhoto. Your Mac can support only upto iLife 08 and your Mac doesn't support iLife 09 or 11

You can buy iLife 08 from eBay or Amazon. See here : http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xilife+08.TRS0&_nkw=ilife+08&_sacat=0&_from=R40

When you get the iLife 08 disc, just install it on your Mac and that will install iPhoto 08, iMovie 08 and iDVD 08. Then before opening iPhoto, do all software updates from Apple > Software Updates

Then hold down Option key on your keyboard and open iPhoto. Select Choose Library, then locate and select your iPhoto Library from the Pictures folder (or from where it stored). This will load your iPhoto Library to iPhoto.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is my first time using this service. So if it didn't fix my issue, do I still have to pay the fee?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Mike you don't have any issues, the problem is you don't have the required application to open the iPhoto Library. I've given you the correct instructions or answer to your question. Trust me, my answer will work. All you need to do is, buy iLife 08 and install it on your Mac.

Remember, I've no control over the fees or your accounts. I can only answer questions here. If you are not satisfied with my service, please don't rate me Bad in here or in the survey you get. That will affect my job here. Instead you can go for refund from JustAnswer : http://www.justanswer.com/refund/refund-1-2/refund.aspx

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

and if I have a question installing the program, which is a continuation of the same topic, do I have to pay again?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
No need to Mike. Add a bookmark of this page, so you can get back to me directly any time you want without paying again. You can ask as many questions you want as long as the subject is related to this topic. I will help you until you are 100% satisfied.

Make sure you keep the bookmark of this page. If you lose connection with my, then login to www.justanswer.com, then click on My Questions tab. You can find this question there, click it to get back to here.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Thanks.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome Mike. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me Positively.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok. One other question related to this. If I spend the money and get the iLife 08, will that also fix my issue of Adobe not working because my version is not current? I have tried to upgrade, but it says it doesn't support my system or something like that.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
No Mike. iLife is not related to Adobe. You are using very old version of Mac OS X. What version of Adobe is this ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not as familiar with Mac since I use Microsoft at the office. How do I determine what version Adobe is? I can't find programs.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Just open any Adobe applications and it will show the version. It should be like Cs2, Cs3, Cs4 etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

9.0.246.0

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
What exact software of Adobe is this ? Photoshop, InDesign etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't know. I only use it when it automatically pulls up when going to a site.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand. Are you referring to Adobe flash player ? If so, latest flash player won't support on your current version Mac OS X. However, we can install a version that support on your Mac

Are you using a Intel Mac or Power PC Mac ? You can find it from Apple > About This Mac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

power pc g5 3.0

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Mike, your Mac and Mac OS X is very old and no longer support the latest flash player. Your Mac support Flash Player verion upto 10.1.102.64. You can install that version from here -- download and install it form this link ---> http://download-euro.oldapps.com/Flash_Player/Apple/flashplayer10_1r102_64_ub_mac.dmg

(The current version of Adobe Flash Player is 11.8 )

Remember Mike, your Mac doesn't support some videos or flash contents of websites like Youtube, Facebook etc. It is due to hardware limitation. Adobe stopped supporting old Power PC Macs years ago. Mike, In my opinion you should upgrade your Mac.
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,