Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

My computer tech accidentally deleted my Iphoto program on

My computer tech accidentally deleted my Iphoto program on my Mac but I still have the photos. I have a Mac Os X 10.4.11. I see the same question from 3 years ago. Do you still have the program you uploaded then?
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of iPhoto were you using ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know.

Do you have iMovie or iDVD ? If so, you can get the version number from them. iMovie, iPhoto and iDVD should have same version number
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can't find those either, so when the tech reloaded the operating system, he must have deleted those too.

Do you have the Mac OS X installation discs came with your Mac ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry Mike, I don't have the iPhoto for Mac OS X 10.4.11

I only have iPhoto 09 which will not work on your Mac. It requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later

You have to buy the iLife 08 installation disc and install it on your Mac to get iPhoto. Your Mac can support only upto iLife 08 and your Mac doesn't support iLife 09 or 11

You can buy iLife 08 from eBay or Amazon. See here :

When you get the iLife 08 disc, just install it on your Mac and that will install iPhoto 08, iMovie 08 and iDVD 08. Then before opening iPhoto, do all software updates from Apple > Software Updates

Then hold down Option key on your keyboard and open iPhoto. Select Choose Library, then locate and select your iPhoto Library from the Pictures folder (or from where it stored). This will load your iPhoto Library to iPhoto.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is my first time using this service. So if it didn't fix my issue, do I still have to pay the fee?

Mike you don't have any issues, the problem is you don't have the required application to open the iPhoto Library. I've given you the correct instructions or answer to your question. Trust me, my answer will work. All you need to do is, buy iLife 08 and install it on your Mac.

Remember, I've no control over the fees or your accounts. I can only answer questions here. If you are not satisfied with my service, please don't rate me Bad in here or in the survey you get. That will affect my job here. Instead you can go for refund from JustAnswer :

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

and if I have a question installing the program, which is a continuation of the same topic, do I have to pay again?

No need to Mike. Add a bookmark of this page, so you can get back to me directly any time you want without paying again. You can ask as many questions you want as long as the subject is related to this topic. I will help you until you are 100% satisfied.

Make sure you keep the bookmark of this page. If you lose connection with my, then login to, then click on My Questions tab. You can find this question there, click it to get back to here.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok. Thanks.

You're welcome Mike. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me Positively.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok. One other question related to this. If I spend the money and get the iLife 08, will that also fix my issue of Adobe not working because my version is not current? I have tried to upgrade, but it says it doesn't support my system or something like that.

No Mike. iLife is not related to Adobe. You are using very old version of Mac OS X. What version of Adobe is this ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not as familiar with Mac since I use Microsoft at the office. How do I determine what version Adobe is? I can't find programs.

Just open any Adobe applications and it will show the version. It should be like Cs2, Cs3, Cs4 etc
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What exact software of Adobe is this ? Photoshop, InDesign etc
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know. I only use it when it automatically pulls up when going to a site.

I don't understand. Are you referring to Adobe flash player ? If so, latest flash player won't support on your current version Mac OS X. However, we can install a version that support on your Mac

Are you using a Intel Mac or Power PC Mac ? You can find it from Apple > About This Mac
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

power pc g5 3.0

Mike, your Mac and Mac OS X is very old and no longer support the latest flash player. Your Mac support Flash Player verion upto You can install that version from here -- download and install it form this link --->

(The current version of Adobe Flash Player is 11.8 )

Remember Mike, your Mac doesn't support some videos or flash contents of websites like Youtube, Facebook etc. It is due to hardware limitation. Adobe stopped supporting old Power PC Macs years ago. Mike, In my opinion you should upgrade your Mac.
Hi Mike,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,