Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Aperture and RAW files

I just installed a new copy of Aperture downloaded from Apple earlier today. The published list of supported cameras for RAW includes the Fuji X100s. Unfortunately, when I attempt to open a.RAF ( RAW file ) from my Fuji X100s, I get a message that this is an unsupported file. RAW downloads from my Olympus OMD and the Panasonic GX1 open with no difficulty. Otherwise, I am becoming familiar with the software and like it. What am I missing with the Fuji X100s RAW files

? Thanks. Henry

P.S. I just checked and the RAW files from my Panasonic LX7 They also fail to open. This camera is also in the Apple published list of RAW supported cameras !

Category: Mac
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 1 year ago.

Steve Herrod :

Hi Henry, I'll be happy to help - am checking the details but can you let me know the full version of Aperture that is installed?

Steve Herrod :

Having installed it, can you see if there is any update available under Apple menu-->Software Update?

Steve Herrod :

As you say, both cameras seem to be supported

Steve Herrod :

but let me know the full version information and hopefully we will be able to resolve this

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
I want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation. I am required to post any procedure as an Answer even if it is just a diagnostic test, so please ignore the Rate to Finish box and Reply to Expert after you have tried that.

Restart the computer while holding the Command and R keys to boot to Recovery HD partition, when it boots select the Disk Utility and Continue. Then select Macintosh HD on the left and first Verify Disk on the right and if that is OK Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair Disk.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning Mike !

I just followed your instructions and the answer that resulted is that the ' " MacIntosh Disk is Ok.

Regards

Henry

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Did you Repair Permissions?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
If you have done that restart and go to the Apple logo to Software Update
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike !

I Followed your suggestions and now everything works ! RAW downloads from The Fuji X100s and the Panasonic LX7 are now functional.

Thanks !!!

Best Wishes,

Henry