Daniel Whelan
Daniel Whelan, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Support Professional, Full Time Mac Technical Manager for 8+ years, HND Photography
20625641

my macbook pro with laest software will not recognise my new

my macbook pro with laest software will not recognise my new garmin nuvi 3597lmt.ive downloaded garmin express and communicator plug in for mac but when i hook up the device with the provided usb cable i keep getting the "no device connected" message

Daniel Whelan :

Hi, I have downloaded the manual for this device. Can you try the following please and let me know how you get on.

Daniel Whelan :

Disconnect the USB cable from your mac.

Daniel Whelan :

Turn off your garmin

Daniel Whelan :

Plug the USB cable directly into a USB port in the mac and then into the garmin.

Daniel Whelan :

The device should automatically turn on and go into MTP mode or USB mass storage mode. A picture of the device connected to the computer should show up on the Garmin screen.

Customer: Hi Daniel, I finally worked out the problem myself. I was using the USB cable through the mounting bracket, when I removed the bracket and plugged the the cable directly into the unit it paired straight away, thanks for your time, chris