John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

My Mac Pro will not turn off blue scream hot

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 3 years ago.
Hello! My name is John, I will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Can you verify whether you have a Mac Pro or MacBook Pro, please?

Also, what is currently on the screen (just blue) and do you know which version of OS X is installed?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Mac book pro blue
Thanks, Cheryl.

Press and hold the power button to force your Mac to shut down. You may need to hold it down for at least 30 seconds, if not more.

Once the Mac has turned off;

Restart your Mac

As soon as you hear the Startup chime, press and hold the SHIFT key

Continue to hold the Shift key until you see the Apple logo and progress indicator.

Then, let go of the Shift key and let it boot to the Desktop. If it reaches the desktop normally then restart once more.If it reaches the desktop again then you should be good to go.

If not, restart and as soon as you hear the Startup chime, press and hold the OPTION key. You should see a list of bootable volumes in your mac, please let me know what is listed.

If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If so please, please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my personal service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Thanks and good luck,