John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

I want to spit an iPhoto slideshow between several songs.

I want to spit an iPhoto slideshow between several songs. Ie customize the length of the song?
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

While you can change the settings for a slideshow and effect how long slides remain on screen, transition effect duration, etc, you can not change the length of a music track within iPhoto.

iTunes has a feature to play only a selected section of a track but this setting is not respected by iPhoto.

You have a couple of options, one is to create the slideshow as a movie within iMovie OR you can create music tracks in iTunes specifically for this slideshow. This would involved creating duplicates of the original songs based on the amount of the track you wish to use.

1. Launch iTunes 11.

2. In your Music library, select a song you want to use ina slideshow.

3. Right-click on the song and select “Get Info” to view the song properties.

4. Select “Options” tab. Fill in the “Start time” and “Stop time” to extract the portion of song you want to use. When you are ready, click “OK” to confirm.

5. Next, right-click (or Control-Click) on the song and select “Create ACC Version”. iTunes then automatically extracts the portion of song you have instructed in the previous step. This new track is the song file you’ll want to use in iPhoto.

Note: When you are finished creating each new track, remember to go back into Get Info to clear the “Start time” and “Stop time” on the original song.

If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If so please, please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my personal service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Thanks and good luck,
John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience: 20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Howdy!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this or other issues, please let me know.

Thanks,