John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

Hello - I have an IPAD, an IPOD touch, and a regular PC. I

Customer Question

Hello - I have an IPAD, an IPOD touch, and a regular PC. I purchase a few songs and audiobooks from my IPAD last night. When I went on my IPOD touch today, it does not show it anywhere, I cannot find it anywhere. It is still on my IPAD, but not on my PC or my IPOD ITUNES.. 1 more thing, my IPOD knows I purchased it, because, I was going to buy it again on my IPOD, but it said it was aready purchased. Thank you~
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 3 years ago.
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

On your PC, you can download previously purchased content as follows:

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes before attempting this:
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Now, open iTunes

Click the "Store" option in the menubar and choose "Authorize this Computer..." and supply the Apple ID and password XXXXX used to purchase/download the lost music and apps.

*Note: If running iTunes 11 on Windows, you may need to show the menubar

graphic

Next, select the iTunes Store. Sign in with the same Apple ID and Password, if you are not already.

In the iTunes Store, you should see a Quick Links sidebar at the right side of the page. Look for the "Purchased" option and click it.

On the Purchased page, you will see a toggle near the top-right of the page labeled as "All | Not In My Library". Select "Not In My Library".

Under Music, select "All Songs" from the listing at the left and then click "Download All" in the bottom right.

Repeat the above for "TV Shows", "Apps", and "Books"; making the appropriate choices as applicable.

When the downloads are complete, plug in your iPod.

Select it when it appears in the iTunes sidebar.

You should see a new menubar appear above the Summary page for the device. Go through each option and make sure the appropriate options are selected for syncing. If you need assistance on what to choose on each page, just let me know and I will walk you through each one, as needed.

On the iPod itself you can also fine previously purchased content directly on the device by clicking the iTunes Store icon, choosing "More" at the bottom of the screen and then selecting "Purchased".

If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If so please, please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my personal service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Thanks and good luck,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no tab showing up for audiobooks, there is a tab for books, but, nothing is there

If some content is not listed, it may be restricted by a "One Download" limit.

In that case, you would have to transfer the audiobooks directly from the iPad.

Connect the iPad to your computer. When it shows in iTunes, click File > Devices > Transfer Purchases if the audiobooks do not sync automatically.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is it common for audiobooks to have 1 download limit? How do you know or where does it say if it is? Also, why wouldn't it sync like my songs do?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Also, I want it on my ipod, I don't need it on my computer

Yes, it is common for certain types of content to have this limit (a restriction enforced by the publisher, not iTunes) and it may change over time based on legal agreements and location of the download.

Further details are usually under iTunes Support:
http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/

Syncing purchased data depends on how you have the device/iTunes configured and if the device had been previously synced with that computer. This is why the Transfer Purchases option is available as a quick resolution.

In order to get them onto the iPod then you must first sync them onto the computer and then sync over to the iPod.

Another alternative, is asking iTunes Support if they will manually allow one additional download but you really should have them backed up on the computer as iTunes is not obligated to allow additional downloads in the event they are lost.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Never-mind, I was able to find out how. Thank you for your help

You are very welcome. Please remember to rate my service appropriately.

Thanks,