Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps

Hi. Having trouble w/ my itunes account. Will not recognize

Customer Question

Hi. Having trouble w/ my itunes account. Will not recognize my login password. I have reset my password XXXXX this evening. Every time it accepts the reset, yet the new password XXXXX not work on my itunes!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 3 years ago.

Hello Sir. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

I know you already tried this, but once again please go to and reset your password. Then make sure iTunes is closed. Then, trash the folder from HD/Users/Your Username/Library/ Caches folder. (HD means your hard disk)

Then find and trash the file named from the HD/Users/Your username / library / preferences folder.

Now launch iTunes again and try to login with the new password.

Reply me the result.

Note: Library folder may hidden. Please unhide it by following these steps.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did not work.

Really strange, are you sure you are correctly typing the password ? Can you please try to login from another computer ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I try to play songs on iTunes from my PC it allows me to do so without problems. However it does not allow me to play certain songs from my Mac. It says that the computer is "not authorized to play this song..." and asks for authorization in the form of my Apple ID and password, which it does not seem to accept, despite my having reset it numerous times. After your last reply I attempted to log on to iTunes on my PC to manage my account, using the reset password. It does not accept the password from my PC either.

Okay, It sounds like copy right related issue. Open iTunes menu. There you will see File, Edit, View, Controls, Store, Help. Click on Store, then click on AUTHORIZE COMPUTER. Then try to play those songs and let me know the result.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I attempt to authorize the computer, it asks for my login info (Apple ID and password) which it does not accept.

The items you are trying to play might have been purchased using a different iTunes Store account. To determine which account was used to purchase an item, follow these steps:

1. Select a purchased song in your library and choose File > Get Info.
  2. Click the Summary tab. Note the Account Name that appears in the list. This is the account name (Apple ID) you will need to use when authorizing your computer to play this purchase.

Note: The account name that appears is the one you used when purchasing the item and does not change if the account name (Apple ID) changes.

If you've authorized the Apple ID that is shown in the Summary tab, you can check the purchase history for that Apple ID from Store > View My Account. If your purchase history does not reflect the purchase of the items in your iTunes library, consider any other Apple ID you may have created, and authorize the computer for your additional Apple ID.