Matthew Gill
Matthew Gill, Computer Science Teacher
Experience:  I've programmed, edited images and video, and extended the Mac experience. I also read several Mac blogs.

My iMac seems to have lost its ability to go to sleep and wake

Customer Question

My iMac seems to have lost its ability to go to sleep and wake up again. When it is put to sleep, either from the menu or automatically, a touch of a key to wake it up generates a restart, with message to the effect that there was a problem, unspecified. What is going on, do you think?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Matthew Gill replied 1 year ago.

Matthew Gill :

Hello, My name is XXXXXXX, XXX I'd like to assist you today

Matthew Gill :

Can you please state the model number of the iMac? It is under the 'About this Mac' option, when you click on the Apple at the top left.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Hello, I'm unsure of why the response above was sent. It was automated. In still very much available for questions. If you could get the model number I may begin searching for solutions. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I note that I have been billed even though I terminated the transaction without receiving any help from you. I shall report your fraudulent behaviour.

I assure you I have not collected any funds from you. I will not receive any money without a positive rating. I would very much like to help you, however, I respect your decision if you still wish to terminate the question.
Hello. I am still available to answer this question.
I see from my received rating that you are unsatisfied with our interaction. Please, if you would allow it, I am ready to help. If there is anything I can do for you, please just ask. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear XXXXXXX,

you betrayed your ignorance by seeking the model number of my iMac. This is irrelevant to the problem, which I have found to be kernel panic, a problem to which all iMacs are prone. I gave you sufficient information for you to identify the problem, although not the root cause.

To bill my account before I have indicated that I am satisfied with the "Answer" is tantamount to fraud. I expect a full refund.

Please stop bothering me.