Ernest Agyare
Ernest Agyare, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  5 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN MAC AND A MAC USER
74848643

macbook pro cant turn on beeping

macbook pro can't turn on running OS 10.6.8. When I press the power button the sleep indicator light pulses and simultaneously a beep (every 5 seconds) occurs in conjunction with the sleep light. It is not occurring in sets of threes and it continuously beeps every 5 seconds until I press the power button to turn it off. I have reset the SMC, the PRAM, removed & put back in the battery. This all (seem to) started with a rental DVD I was watching last evening. I closed the top (did not turn off any apps including the DVD) and this morning I plugged in the adapter to recharge the mac. When the power indicator light changed to green, I pressed the power button and the beeping started. I was finally able to get the DVD out of the Superdrive but cannot turn on my mac. The 5 second interval beeping along with the sleep light is the only action I get when I press the power button.

1204amEST

I just read the same problem on mac-forums.com. Here  is the link:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/255353-macbook-pro-wont-turn-beeps-every-5-seconds.html

I am going to sleep-will look response in the morning. I in UTC - 5.00hrs time zone.

ErnestAgyare :

do you a have the utility cd

Customer:

Please text me at XXX-XXX-XXXX when you are back online.

do you a have the utility cd...you number is XXXXX showing up due to privacy issue
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I have the utility cd. My mac came back this morning and everything is fine. It seemed to have self-corrected itself overnight.

Thank you

ok ....please only Rate me if you were satisfied and you issue is solved
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is nothing to rate...the mac corrected itself.

ok
Hello I am following up to make sure you issue has been resolved. Please remember my purpose here it to assist you until you have a satisfactory solution I thank you for remembering to rate me as that is how i get credit for assisting you. Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My mac resolved it's issue without any additional assistance. It corrected itself the day after I paid for the service.

I did rate you as Excellent service.