Daniel Whelan
Daniel Whelan, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Support Professional, Full Time Mac Technical Manager for 8+ years, HND Photography

I have Microsoft Outlook on my Mac., 2011. The version is

Customer Question

I have Microsoft Outlook on my Mac., 2011. The version is 14.2.4 (120824) Product ID is 03XXX-XXX-XXXX183-02201. I entered the correct password XXXXX the Mac and i cannot access my email...Cannot send or receive emails. This has happened before. Ijust called Microsoft Outlook Tech support and the technician said they no longer give support to the 2011 version...She suggested that I buy a new version. Is this the only way to fix the issue? If so, how much would a new version cost and how do I make this happen? If not, can you assist me. thanks very much Christine xxxxxxx

Category: Mac
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello Christine, and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will help you today.

Can I remote into your computer to help you with this issue?

If yes, please do the following steps:

1. CLICK HERE.
  2. On the site, click on the Orange Share button.
  3. Download and run the join.me tool.
  4. You will see the Orange on middle-top part of the screen.
  5. Give me the 9 numbers in form of xxx-xxx-xxx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Nick, I am so sorry. I had to leave the house and then completey forgot about my request. Can we still work on htis issue?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Christine, I am out of my house for now. Let me open your question to all experts for assistance.

If no one assist, I will help out later tonight or tomorrow.
Expert:  Daniel Whelan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Christine, I will try to help. Open outlook and go to Tools-Accounts. When Accounts opens up you will see your email accounts on the left. Highlight the account that is not working. On the right hand side check the username, password XXXXX incoming server details are correct. For example on my email account (which is a google account) my username is XXXXX XXXXX addesss, my password XXXXX XXXXX and my incoming server is imap.gmail.com and I have the tick box user SSL to connect turned on. In outgoing server I have smtp.gmail.com and the tickbox "use SSL to connect" turned on. In th More options I have "Use Incoming Server Info" chosen for Authentication. Obviously your details will depend on your email account but that is where I would start. If your email account has a web version (like google has) it might be worth verifying your account using that. Outlook for Mac 2011 is still the current version so I do not know why you were told to upgrade.