Ernest Agyare
Ernest Agyare, Computer Hardware Engineer

I have MacBook Air. I am trying to use it to pair my Iphone

I have MacBook Air. I am trying to use it to pair my Iphone and my blue tooth wireless speaker that have Blue tooth on. I went to: XXXXX XXXXX preferences 2. Internet & Wireless 3. Bluetooth 4. I see IPhone with a red bullet comment saying not connected. 5. I checked the On and still noi success 5. I did not see the speaker eventhough that I pressed the Pairing button to send the signal.

I tried rebooting all my devices with no success

ErnestAgyare :

is this the beat by dre pill

ErnestAgyare :

Start by launching your "System Preferences..." from the Apple menu:

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT]mac pair bluetooth speaker 1[/ALT][WIDTH]181.69014084507043[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

Once launched, you'll see a lot of icons representing different areas of your system. Look for the Bluetooth icon, as highlighted below:

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT]mac pair bluetooth speaker 2[/ALT][WIDTH]500[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]91.41791044776119[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

Click on Bluetooth and you'll see a list of previously paired Bluetooth devices -- if any -- along with a few minimally labelled control buttons:

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT]mac pair bluetooth speaker 3[/ALT][WIDTH]151.93370165745856[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

This is where it's confusing the first time you use it because I always expect either for the Bluetooth device to magically show up or a button labeled "Add new Bluetooth Device". Instead, click on the small "+" button on the lower left. Now the Bluetooth Setup Assistant will launch and it will see your new speaker after a few moments:

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT]mac pair bluetooth speaker 4[/ALT][WIDTH]151.0989010989011[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

Tip: If it doesn't see the speaker, make sure that you have the device in "pairing" mode. On the particular Logitech speaker you're talking about, that's done by pushing both the "+" and "-" speaker volume buttons simultaneously for about ten seconds. On other devices, there are similar techniques for moving into bluetooth pairing mode: check with the instructions that came with the device. It also can take a few seconds sometimes for the device to be "seen" by the computer.

Once it is, however, you can click on the "Continue" button on the lower right...

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT]mac pair bluetooth speaker 5[/ALT][WIDTH]217.0731707317073[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

Hopefully no more than five seconds will pass and the MacBook Pro will be able to successfully pair with the new speaker:

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT]mac pair bluetooth speaker 6[/ALT][WIDTH]355.90551181102364[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

Looks good, but you're not done, as is obvious if you look closely at the new speaker in the Bluetooth panel: it's not "connected" yet:

mac pair bluetooth speaker 7

To use the speaker as an external audio device on your Mac OS X system, select the speaker, then click on the "gear" menu on the lower left and select "Use as Audio Device":

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT]mac pair bluetooth speaker 8[/ALT][WIDTH]272.43589743589746[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

It can take 5-10 seconds to properly switch, but after a short period, the device should be listed as connected:

mac pair bluetooth speaker 9

Done. Now just crank iTunes and you'll find the audio comes out of the external bluetooth speaker. Nice!

ErnestAgyare :

please ignore that...however i need to know what speaker you have so i can ssist