Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

cant get my ipad to make a bank deposit has before new router

Customer Question

cant get my ipad to make a bank deposit has before new router ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 3 years ago.
Hi

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Could you please answer the following for me?

Were you able to make the deposit through the same app earlier? Are you able to do the other functions such as balance enquiry, transfer etc?

Has this problem started after you changed your router?

Are you able to access the Internet using safari?

Thank you
Vinod
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i can use ipad for everything else.i dont know if router has anything to do with it as i can use the ipad online. it takes the pics of front and back of check and accepts amt but ie wont finalize the deposit.tried lots of times and always in end says error try later once no connection but all other times error

What is the name of the app please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

mobile bankingboa

Thank you. The app should work with any router unless you have any security set inside the router.

I believe you have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling that app, haven't you? If not, I would do that first by holding on the app until it wiggles and then deleting it.

If that did not resolve your issue, is there an option in that app to sign out of your account and then sign back in? If you have it, lets try that.

If that too does not work, lets try a reset of the iPad. Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. Now try to use the app.

If that does not work either, lets reset the network settings. Go to settings - general - reset - reset network settings.

Let me know whether this resolves your issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where is home button sorryfigured it out sorry

tried that and tried again still wont do it says error sorry but were unable to process your request at this time please try later

Have you tried resetting the network settings?
I am sorry. I am not sure why you rated my service as bad. You are rating my service and not the answer or the website.

I am trying to resolve your issue and it may or may not work out. If the rese network settings too does not work, I would suggest you to try connecting to any other wifi network (the apple store would be best), and see whether it works. If not, it is a problem with the app and you need to contact your bank for that, because they are the ones who created the app and they would fix it.

If the bank say everything is right in their end, then I would suggest a restore of the iPad and see whether that works out.

Please understand that we are not apple and can only help you with the resources we have. I will try my best possible to get your issue resolved. I would appreciate if you can take the rating back.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Didn't fix problem!

I understand it did not fix the problem.

Unfortunately, the issue is with the app I believe and you need to contact the bank for that. I am really sorry that I could not fix your issue. I can only try with whatever resources I have and the only option left before me is to restore the ipad which I would suggest only after you contact the bank and see it is not an issue with the app.

Please understand that I don't work for apple or the app. The rating you give me is costing me a lot in confidence. You have the option to get a refund if your issue is not fixed.

Please call the bank and check about the issue as this is something they need to take care of.

Thank You

Vinod